As Trump takes Nevada, Republicans face facts

The reason why so many Republinazis are angry is because so many are racist, hateful, stupid, religious fanatic goons.

6 Likes

I read that initially as “He’s got a giant dick…” and thought you were perhaps crass, but then the very next thought was

“If he has got a giant dick, he could get back in this race by whipping it out at a debate and challenging Trump with it.”

Trump, if he doesn’t also have a giant dick to counter such a move with, would Definitely lose a large number of supporters should this occur

7 Likes

His freakishly tiny hands might make it look bigger, though.

8 Likes

You have to understand that when I came of age to vote, it was four months before the presidential election of Bush or Gore. I didn’t vote, but the circus that took place after Bush “won” showed me how much my vote and effort would have been worth (nothing). And while I have voted in every other election since, I can’t shake the feeling that it doesn’t really matter.

3 Likes

2008, 2012?

Trump is still an upstart when it comes to the Republican party. He doesn’t have the vote stealing infrastructure in place like the more establishment types would. Shenanigans are going to happen in elections. Luckily this country having electoral ethics that are a little better than Zimbabwe’s this is usually not a game changer. However in close elections it certainly becomes a factor (1960, 2000).

I just don’t see this one being very close. Trump pisses people off. Moreso than most candidates would.

3 Likes

I vote, though my vote means nothing in the national elections since I’m in Texas where the Electoral College ensures it means nothing and gerrymandering means that my district covers Austin and San Antonio. Still matters a little for local elections though.

3 Likes

But so does Mrs. Clinton.

It might all come down to a giant pissing match–whoever pisses off voters a bit less wins.

9 Likes

There’s no doubt that a lot of people who hated (for example) Bush hate Trump much, much more. But it’s about numbers of people, not the strength of their individual feelings; if he drives every single core Democrat voter into a killing rage, it still doesn’t mean he can’t win a general election.

2 Likes

It’s not about the Democrats he pisses off, it’s how many Republicans he does, versus how many angry non-voters he can motivate.

Clinton needs to not piss off the Sanders supporters, because they are about half of her party.

(and if Sanders wins, he has to worry about Bloomberg running and siphoning off some of the moderate/blue dog Dem vote)

4 Likes

Hey, hey, it’s okay, don’t forget that the popular vote can serve to demonstrate mandates to ignore , that’s important to the elected, it provides direction, purpose.

Whither the will of the people blows, the money lay the other way.

So, you know, there’s that

3 Likes

[quote=“daneel, post:49, topic:74203”]
It’s not about the Democrats he pisses off, it’s how many Republicans he does, versus how many angry non-voters he can motivate.
[/quote]This, exactly.

A friend of mine who works in the upper levels of a Fortune 50 company in the Northeast surrounded by Republicans, says they’re all planning to vote for Hillary.

(Which is reasonable, really. Hillary’s pretty much what a Moderate Republican used to be.)

14 Likes

Oh, and I like your avatar button, BTW.

I have one of those in my collection from back in the day. Wore it all through the Watergate hearings. I’ll have to dust it off and put it to work. (-:

(Now I’m trying to remember if I have a “Nixon - Now More Than Ever” button, too. That would also be currently appropriate.)

7 Likes

Luckily he still has the highest negatives of any candidate. A relatively small portion of the general voting public like him enough to consider voting for him (though not small enough for my comfort).

6 Likes

me too, I swear I read hack rat.

Lysdexics of the world Untie!

and will the last person to leave the Obsessive Compulsive convention please turn the lights off and on and off and on and off and…

5 Likes

hopefully, if there is anything that should motivate the public to get out and vote it would be to vote against Trump in the fall. I think it might actually lead getting the house back for the Democrats and a President named Bernie.

3 Likes

This is some scary shite right here.

If Dump is elected, I will expat, maybe, or revolt?

Confused about my/our America right now.

Are we really doubling-down on hate?

I’m still convinced this was a shot at 4chan, who has a huge group of Trump supporters posting there.

A cursory glance netted these pics posted today:

A lot of “Make America Great” hats on hentai crops too.

4 Likes

The reason why republicans are losing the primary to Trump is because they spent the past 20 years putting Reagan on a golden pedestal of perfection and allowing the Tea Party movement to make a dent within their party.

Combine the “our nations greatest president of all time (seriously, even over Lincoln)” was an entertainer before becoming president, those succeeding in business should be the next president, and thinking Ted Cruz evangelicals wouldn’t choose Trump despite his amplified Tea Party message; and you shouldn’t wonder why the zealotry the GOP promoted for decades turned against them.

5 Likes

Ugh. Thanks for going there, so we didn’t have to.

12 Likes

Yeah, Trump is sooo 2016. I’m waiting for 2020 when the real fireworks start! This election is merely the preview, I think.

2 Likes