As Twitter traffic plummets and Threads soars, someone wants to compare body parts

Originally published at: As Twitter traffic plummets and Threads soars, someone wants to compare body parts | Boing Boing

9 Likes

Golly it sure is a puzzler why Twitter is having so much trouble hanging on to mainstream advertisers.

35 Likes

Maybe the fanbois who used to come here to explain to us why Musk is a super-genius can enlighten us.

34 Likes

Haven’t seen one of those in a long time, come to think of it…

21 Likes

They are off training on their 5D chess simulators.

29 Likes

Bluesky is still somewhat limited and Mastodon doesn’t have so many celebrities and influencers and brands. It’s more of an actual social network.

16 Likes

Elon is obviously the bigger dick. He’s 6’1" to Zucks 5’7"

26 Likes

before singing threads praises, maybe check what this site has already written about it

6 Likes

It’s deeply disturbing that the feature illustration reminds me of Laurie Anderson. Please stop. She doesn’t deserve that. It’s bad enough that real photos of Ted Cruz constantly remind me of Lou Costello.

11 Likes

It’s almost like those articles are written by two different people. Huh.

6 Likes

Where were praises sung? Noting that 100 million people joined, and speculating on why isn’t a qualitative metric but a quantitative one.

I have an account there for the same reason I have an IG account - because my family uses it, and I was unsuccessful in getting all but my most technical family to try out Mastodon. My hope is that once Threads federates, I won’t need it anymore because I can follow my family (and other non-Mastodon folks I’d like to follow) from Mastodon. My family can reciprocally follow my Mastodon account from Threads. Whether or not this happens remains to be seen.

26 Likes

Another majestic MidJourney image - you’re in a league of your own with these pictures.

Can you start sharing your prompts and tips on how to get such excellent (and disturbing) results?

7 Likes

Do jerks become CEOs or does being a CEO turn one into being a jerk? Probably it’s a negative feedback cycle…? (“nah… rich entitled kids who don’t mentally mature much are told what good boys they are by their servants, skip the tough aspects of getting an education and buy into multiple markets until one catches on a bit…” So you’re saying jerks become CEOs? “yeah ok.”)

10 Likes

Well that’s just silly. Everyone knows Mark Zuckerberg is a robot whose shady overlords can equip with whatever size robopenis a particular situation demands, so what’s the point?

10 Likes

A love letter, really. :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Does Elon think people type code with their wee-wees?

8 Likes

Isn’t that what separates ‘extremely hardcore’ engineering from the softcore stuff?

17 Likes

He’s definitely a bigger dick.

11 Likes

well, that would explain why he was fired from his early coding jobs

12 Likes

I love Juanita Jean’s intro to this story:

Elon is backing out of the cage match fight. I already had ringside seats with my only regret being that one of them had to win.

https://juanitajean.com/this-is-the-best-billionaire-fight-ever/

16 Likes