Asked about dropping Mike Flynn criminal charges, A.G. Barr gives the worst answer yet

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/08/asked-about-dropping-mike-flyn.html

9 Likes

26 Likes

Just a reminder that the entire point of appointing a Special Counsel is to help insulate an investigation from being influenced by political appointees like A.G. Barr. Rosenstein (a Trump appointee!) understood the political conflicts of interest that would come with investigating Flynn and appointed a Special Counsel to the job for that reason. Now Barr is just jumping in and overruling the whole series of decisions because “history is written by the winners.”

Every day they find some new principle to chip away.

56 Likes

Oooh, zero sum justice. What a delightful departure from classical ideals. If only Plato could see us now.

17 Likes

I suppose at least he’s being some version of honest.

Make sure they are not the “winners” for much longer. Vote all of them out.

34 Likes

It is refreshing to hear the truth come out of a Trumpist’s mouth. (Or Arse. With him, it’s hard to tell.)

Rule of law is gone. America has fallen. Laws don’t matter anymore to certain people.

And it has been this way for a while. We have known this, but now he has admitted it.

SO, what are you going to do about it?

19 Likes

NOVEMBER people. It may well be our last chance, twisted, adulterated and FUBAR’d as it may be, to get these assholes out and try to begin reclaiming our country. They are no longer even trying to hide who they are, they are out and proud. We need to do our civic duty and make sure everyone else has the opportunity to do theirs as well.

36 Likes

“History is written by the winner.”

That reminds me, I need to re-read Stanley Karnow’s Vietnam: A History. Next, Max Hastings’ The Korean War, to be followed by some light reading on Iraq and Afghanistan.

8 Likes

I saw that yesterday and stopped breathing for a minute.

Was wondering if it would get coverage.

But the post office news now is the worst of all, he’s going to make Barr look downright tame. Imagine no post office, no mail in ballots, or at least none that ever get delivered. Because we can’t say anymore that “oh trump would never…”

No ACA soon either so preexisting conditions will be back.

You think we are going to make it to xmas? I’m pretty sure not.

19 Likes

There is still the chance the judge rejects the plea change and sentences Flynn anyway. Just to smack the prosecution upside the head for unprofessional conduct.

20 Likes

Now he’s just phoning it in. With each passing day I become more convinced the entire lot of them is suffering from advanced stage neurosyphilis.

4 Likes

Hmmm…

Riiiight… Imagine yet another election stolen by Republicans.

We clearly need to do more than get out and vote, and harangue others to do so.

21 Likes

Max Hastings: Vietnam: An epic tragedy is pretty chunky too.

Not long after he was appointed AG, Barr was asked what how he thought serving in the Trump administration would affect his (previously OK) reputation. His response: “everyone dies.” I think he doesn’t care about history’s judgment.

9 Likes

I think it’s evident that there are no winners, only losers. Losers in charge, and all the rest of us losers as a result.

8 Likes

I was going to add, “And when they steal the election again, drag them out.” but felt it was too revolutionary. heh.

5 Likes

I have to wonder, what are that toad’s motivations?

Surely he doesn’t admire or even personally like Trump. Has he been told that he and his family will die in an “accident” if he doesn’t do as told? I really can’t think of any other reason he’d be acting like a completely cynical, amoral functionary.

6 Likes

What I am doing is encouraging everyone to vote while simultaneously loading the local Little Free Library with zines on how to effectively protest, avoid arrest, and challenge authority.

https://archive.org/details/sproutdistro

9 Likes

Ill keep your words in mind as advice, Barr, because naked as day this shows that you are not only openly partial, but corrupt as a motherfucker.

You assholes will definitely make history- but your kind wont be the ones writing it. That takes adherence to facts and critical reflection, as well as thought- all things absent in your side’s people.

4 Likes

“Heads I win, tails you lose.”

2 Likes