Assailant of actor Rick Moranis turns out to be serial puncher

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/11/18/assailant-of-actor-rick-moranis-turns-out-to-be-serial-puncher.html

8 Likes

Isn’t that a SNL skit? Was he eating a sandwich at the time?

5 Likes

What a hoser, eh?

16 Likes

A serial puncher? So… was he the celebrity the whole time, and Moranis was just some rando? :wink:

Glad he got the guy and Moranis is ok.

4 Likes

Extra points for getting pretty much all of Rick’s CV into the post

5 Likes

Assaulting and sucker punching a small 67 year old man - harsh punishment is called for.

28 Likes

Is it really a relief?
Honestly-- no ill will toward Mr. Moranis, but I’d feel a little better if I knew this guy attacked an old man for “a reason” rather than knowing assholes like this are walking down the street punching people at random.

1 Like

Maybe it was one of Brewmeister Smith’s henchmen?

5 Likes

It is a relief knowing that one of the[ McKenzie Brothers] is not in anyone’s cross-hairs

That is one valid takeaway I suppose, but I hope Covid can teach us not to accept such thin, watery soup and call it solace.

Is Rick Moranis’ life more valuable than yours? Or mine? In a world where John Lennon can be targeted simply for being John Lennon, one hopes there aren’t too many more such 'muckers.

I’m relieved that Moranis was merely punched, and not stabbed or shot. These random violent attacks make everybody’s lives harder, never mind celebrities whose faces are well known.

3 Likes

I started googling “random knife attacks” to try to nail down one particularly memorable incident in Seattle’s pioneer square in the 90s. But I got so many hits, I lost heart and had to stop.

2 Likes
4 Likes
13 Likes

Was the guy’s name Dexter Fishpaw by chance?

Too bad he didnt try sucker punching me. The result would increase his exisiting mental handicap and possibly add physical handicap to his list of reasons he is not responsible for his actions…

1 Like

Yeah, the thing about a sucker punch is: you can’t usually react fast enough to stop it.

3 Likes

Specially when 67 and not expecting someone will blind side you.

I like Rick and i will go on record to say, i would like to punch Rick’s assaliant numberous times in the most unpleasent place to be punched.

1 Like

I always thought that SNL short would lead to some kind of copycat.

1 Like

haven’t watched SNL for many years (30,probably) . Is it always this bad now? “Happy Slapping”, or
“Knockout Game” attacks are funny?

2 Likes

Eye on the puck, eye on the puck!

SNL [NOW} is a shadow of its former self, which was back when [SUBSET] of actors were there, correlated perfectly to the decade of [MY EARLY 20s}.

Said every person in North America some time after their 30th birthday.

2 Likes