Assange to sue Ecuador

Though it seems unlikely Ecuador will go that far for the likes of Assange.

1 Like

Nor have I seen the Ecuadorian consulate in London.
I have seen Ecuador, and it’s beautiful.

Police visited Williams’s home during the afternoon of Monday 23 August 2010, as a “welfare check” after colleagues noted he had been out of contact for several days.[10] His decomposing naked remains were found in a red The North Face bag, padlocked from the outside, in the bath of the main bedroom’s en-suite bathroom.[11][12] The police had gained entry into his top floor flat in Alderney Street, Pimlico at around 16:40.[13] His family believe that crucial DNA was interfered with and that fingerprints left at the scene were wiped off as part of a cover-up.[1] No fingerprints, palm-prints, footprints or traces of Williams’s DNA were found on the rim of the bath, the bag zip or the bag padlock. A key to the padlock was inside the bag, underneath his body.[14]

They may have just disposed of them in country.

2 Likes

If you feel you may have fallen victim to a news PR campaign that has you hating people protecting your democracy and cheering for 1% war lords, John Pilger reports your opinions may have been authored by Russia :wink: – have been authored by the Cyber Counter-intelligence Assessments Branch of the US Defence Department: Bring Julian Assange Home - CounterPunch.org

‘No one tells me what to think. I always hated that guy’
So then, Malcolm says…

1 Like

My point was that it is easier to extradite from the UK to the USA, than from many other countries, (should the USA wish to extradite him).

It is indeed a tragedy in the true sense of the word, and most tragic characters get little sympathy (Macbeth, Hamlet, etc.)

People still imagine Assange is a friend of the left or some kind of a hero for the free speech? Jesus. Talk about useful idiots.

10 Likes

No. He was’t. He was always very specific engaged with white supremacy, from the time he began to preach for NOI to the moment he died. His public work was about black people, primarily in America.

Appropriate the voices of civil rights figures to response to other issues is fucking gross. If Assange’s own words and actions can’t stand on their own, with regards to what he’s doing, then you sure as hell shouldn’t be shoving the words and meaning into the mouths of the dead to back him up.

16 Likes

You mean John Pilger, the Trump apologist who thinks that the Salisbury poisonings are actually part of a NATO-led conspiracy? His opinions might have been authored by space aliens and beamed past the foil and into his head.

8 Likes

The UN ruled the UK was holding Assange illegally.

Bullshit. Cite, please.

1 Like

Unlikely, he renounced his citizenship. And frankly, the people in charge of granting visas to foreign citizens - since he’s a citizen of Eucador now - aren’t exactly his biggest fans. Not that he’s shown any inclination that he wants to go back, for that matter.

3 Likes

https://www.justice4assange.com/UN-Working-Group-on-Arbitrary.html

1 Like

I doubt very much Pilger is a Trump apologist. The Salisbury poisoning stories are a joke. Crazy, tin foil, loony, personal smear, yadda yadda yadda. Yes – deviating from authority is crazy. Social judgement is essential. Evidence is optional.

Indeed. It’s always weird to me that people like to quote Malcolm X at various points in his life in a way that supports whatever point they’re trying to make, while the real Malcolm X was a complex person whose behaviors and attitudes matured with time. I sometimes mourn the person he might have become.

6 Likes

For example, some Pilger quotes:

Trump is speaking straight to ordinary Americans, not through the usual media/liberal filter. He is making sense to a lot of people.

Trump is a media hate figure. That alone should arouse our scepticism.

Until real politics return to people’s lives, the enemy is not Trump, it is ourselves.

Your sense of humor is unconventional.

5 Likes

Maybe if he tried to come through on a special White Au Pair visa he might have a chance, but given he can’t even look after a cat he might have a bit of trouble getting someone to sponsor him to nanny their kids.

2 Likes

There’s a lot of support - or maybe i should say there’s visibility of support for him in Ireland. I’ve seen signs up for talks and meetings about privacy and related issues that cite Wikilieaks or state their support on posters and pamphlets, and there’s a bunch of people who frequently have a stall in Dublin campaigning for his release.

They were set up the first day of the Pope’s visit this summer with an impressive construction made mostly out of shipping pallets, which had signs on it claiming to be ‘Catholic Anarchists’ who wanted the Pope to intervene on Assange’s side.

My head is still spinning from the cognitive dissonance of the term Catholic Anarchists.

1 Like

Me too. If I had the choice to bring back either King or Malcolm, that’s an easy choice for me to make. King was awesome and was going in an interesting direction after the civil and voting rights acts, but Malcolm, well… he was really going in some interesting directions after he took the Hajj…

malcolm-change-miserable

9 Likes

That’s a difficult choice to make, both are equally inspiring and both made great leaders. I’d be inclined to lean toward Malcolm in today’s setting considering the alt-right fascist bullshit, i’d prefer to see someone like Malcolm take that head on.

8 Likes