Assassination of Kim Jong-nam captured on surveillance video

4 Likes

Why isn’t anyone looking at the regime that actually did this? Jong-nam made them look bad, and they exacted their revenge as a false flag oppo. Why hide the truth?!? Because the public can’t handle the truth?!? This revenge was exacted by The Hause of Maus…DISNEY!! Jong-nam made them look bad…nobody gets away with that. So Jong-nam go Jong-bam!!

3 Likes

I laughed too hard at this

1 Like
3 Likes

Hydrazine? Undiluted hydrogen peroxide? Hostile nanites?

Help me out here, chemists.

3 Likes

He was a real Stiffly Stifferson!

1 Like
3 Likes

There’s also the fact that choosing a busy Malaysian airport terminal for the assassination is really perverse if the person you want dead spends much of his time living in your territory, where you have much more room to sandbag investigations, protect your agents, arrange for him to have a quiet heart attack while home alone/suffer a tragic but mundane traffic accident, etc.

From the perspective of a hypothetical Chinese plotter, the plan actually used involves a downright perverse level of self-imposed difficulty.

1 Like

It has to be in most everyone’s interest - China/Japan/ROK/US/Russia - to keep someone like this alive: should the current regime ever fall, you want at least the option of handing the reins of power over to another member of the family who might be on friendlier terms. That he wasn’t under some kind of protection seems weird to me.

1 Like

In articles i’ve read he had bodyguards, and other government agencies had warned and thwarted attempts on his life. In this particular instance it seems that he was alone for a short duration at the airport. Make of it what you will that the timing seems to have worked out against him.

1 Like

Seems to me, “Self-Imposed Difficuty” is Best Korea’s middle name.

2 Likes

I suspect that that particular translation of ‘juche’ is insightful enough to get you sent to one of the particularly unpleasant camps indefinitely.

3 Likes

Sarin would be my first guess and is widely known about (e.g. Japanese subway attack). The rest of my guesses I’m not publishing, for sufficiently obvious reasons.

Edit - hydrazine or high test peroxide would not have those symptoms, but again I’d rather not comment beyond that.

And is it something I should add to my Hemlock Society just in case kit?

1 Like

I keep hearing conflicting reports on whether he was poisoned by the thing put over his face or jabbed with some kind of poisoned needles. Maybe the cloth over the mouth was just to muffle his initial yell while they jabbed him elsewhere in the body?

3 Likes

Some people have no sense of humor anymore. SAD!

I’m assuming the chemical is extracted from dank carpet, right tongmu Rab?

3 Likes

Same here, the original info I saw was about needles… then liquid sprayed in his face… now a cloth wiped on his face. I think the needle/muffle theory is more logical.

2 Likes

I hate that surveillance society is so omnipresent that people are just accepting that their assassination attempts will be watched. Which means it’s not even a deterrent, which is how they sold the cameras in the first place!

In my day, the cops all knew the assassins, and the assassins all knew the cops, and it kept a lid on things. Now it’s all just gone to shit.

3 Likes

China doesn’t want the North Korean regime to collapse. First of all, large numbers of refugees (perhaps in the millions) would cross the Chinese border, Second, China values North Korea as a buffer zone between itself and South Korea, pro-US and with a large US military presence.

On the other hand, China would like North Korea to introduce a market economy and stop engaging in provocations, so that sanctions will be lifted, the economy will grow and China will no longer have to keep it on economic life support. But if China can’t bring about reform by persuasion, it will just have to keep supporting Kim Jong Un through gritted teeth. Regime change isn’t an option, because it could open the door to reunification, which in turn could mean South Korea taking over the North.

4 Likes