Assassination of Kim Jong-nam captured on surveillance video

It’s only really progressed socially in Europe & Americas (& Japan, S.Korea, Anglophone regions), everywhere else is still pretty much rooted in old customs and traditions
Things like n.k take time to resolve in a diplomatic matter, they’re just now on the grandson, it’ll take awhile

Good point – I haven’t dug into this very much! Maybe the NORK security forces had been after him for a while and finally got a break.

it is possible, and the idea is fun, more screenplayish, but why make a more complex 2 stage plan with more points of failure and number of people involved, when a 1 stage plan is more effective and guaranteed?

i mean sure it makes for better TV, but not for a better assignation. the best assassinations are as simple as possible and over as quickly as possible, so that they have the highest chance of success.

this plan was simple and quick enough to be pulled off in a secure crowded airport with both people getting away. he was a dead man walking before he even knew what happened. unless there is reason to believe otherwise i’ll stick to occam razor for now.

1 Like

Whoa, they -changed the touchscreen on his face to one without the magnets and apertures.-
Step 1; poison with whatever one thing North Korea purified but isn’t part of strategic reserves like potatoes,
Step 2; get derps to speedpaint on his face and put golf divots in where the poison was supposed to work
Step 3; remove film? Cure UV adhesive?

8 Likes

Additional elements required for that plan to work:

1. Kim panics and doesn’t just wash his face thinking he’d be fine.

2. Kim doesn’t go to the airport infirmary instead.

3. You need to compromise the paramedics in an ambulance.

4. You need to compromise the dispatcher to make sure your ambulance gets sent.

5. You need to avoid any other emergencies that your ambulance can’t dodge.

There’s just too many needlessly moving parts.

The actual plot, convince a couple 20-somethings in a bar to dose someone with a seemingly harmless substance is far better. You get to assassinate your target on camera without ever appearing on camera yourself, the prank show angle isn’t even that implausible.

1 Like

From the sounds of his lifestyle he may have been a Trump, ie someone you can’t really control control. What all those nations want out of NK is stability, and Jong-nam probably couldn’t provide that.

He also may not have trusted Russia or China, and ROK/US/Japan may not have been interested in harbouring him.

Then you, sir, have a case of under-developed morbid curiosity!

The beeb claims that VX was used. In my limited understanding of nerve agents, that qualifies you for ‘excellent guess’.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Magnets. It was definitely magnets.

I know kung fu.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.