At first I thought this Ka-Bar Tactical Spork was an artisanal Spork

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/04/23/at-first-i-thought-this-ka-bar.html

1 Like

Tactical Spork simply begs to be a band name.

6 Likes

The downside is all the tactical spork nerds will look down on you for not having a FULL-TANG tactical spork.

4 Likes

71434126-5E6A-4262-BF06-2878083EB8A3

8 Likes

Are you going to get one of his display cases in order to best display your tactical spork?

3 Likes

Is anyone else a trifle concerned that the joint between the gouging end and the shivving end, with its gaps and crevices and such; will quickly come to harbor a variety of encrusted filth crannies unless the unit is carefully disassembled(field stripped?) and washed with some attention to detail prior to reassembly?

Smooth surfaces are a lot less fussy that way.

3 Likes

Your baked potato will never see you coming!

4 Likes
5 Likes

If you are tuffenuff to carry a tactical
spork, you seek out crusty filth everywhere because it makes you stronger.

This is definitely true. I used to design laparoscopic surgical tools and we always tried to strike a balance between providing the surgeons with grip texture and providing bacteria with a three bedroom home, move-in ready.

7 Likes

After a few weeks of not washing anything (anything!), you just dont care anymore.

3 Likes

The tactical-ization of everything.

1 Like

Okay. I own a pair of these. I kept one in my lunch box in case I forgot my silverware which happens a lot.

Turns out, it is a much better conversational item than an eating utensil. Do NOT eat yogurt with one of these. I ended up having to clean yogurt out of some weird places.

3 Likes

I own this and will happily pay someone $1 to take it off my hands. It is terrible.
Note: You will likely receive a lot of my DNA and recent food in the weird vent-hole. Y’know, on second thought I will try recycling it into a hand-puppet or something

2 Likes

Man, I never guessed that I’d be so far left behind when I invested a couple of decades ago in a titanium backpacking spork… (which didn’t come with an impractical “knife”)

1 Like

How, do you, eat yogurt?

1 Like

Like everyone else. It’s got crevasses and vents all over and it’s not really a useful eating device.

In case it bears repeating:

Ouch! But, you know, free country.

2 Likes

Does it come with a scope or is it iron sights only ?

4 Likes

Red dot, man!

Rapid target acquisition is an essential feature for close-in engagements with the contemporary culinary threatscape.

Some purists might go on about “but iron sights are dishwasher safe”; but they’ll never know the satisfaction of pacifying their entire plate in the time it takes to say “Tomato Down!” with your mouth full; so why listen to them?

3 Likes

A tactical spork is just the tool to have when SHTF between the Big-Endians and Little-Endians over egg-cracking.

1 Like