At least 10 dead in "racially motivated" Buffalo supermarket shooting

17 Likes
24 Likes

See also the protesters murdered by Rittenhouse.

16 Likes

[E]xtremists are on the verge of a crack-up, posting widely and worriedly about spies in their midst—“glowies.” That’s the term far-right groups use to describe people they suspect of being federal law-enforcement agents or informants infiltrating their communication channels, trying to catch them plotting violence, or prodding them into illegal acts.

7 Likes

Alex Jones: [Tweeting in courtroom]

Judge: Ahem. Mr. Jones?

Jones: [Looking up] What?

Judge: [Clearly growing impatient] You were just asked why this court should believe your insistence that you will never make similarly slanderous claims to the ones you made in the wake of the Sandy Hook shooting.

Jones: Oh, you’re still on THAT? For sure. Learned my lesson. Never again. [Hits "send’ on phone]

15 Likes
11 Likes
12 Likes

Would you feel safe around angry people with guns, like lots of guns? Put all the pieces together.

9 Likes

Those court cases are on ice because of the bankruptcy. Here’s one of the lawyers suing him:

3 Likes

I’m sorry I didn’t create a spreadsheet enumerating every single reason working with racists would suck.

ETA: None of us made spreadsheets. Are you going to flunk us all, or just me?

11 Likes

Well shit, if that article isn’t all sorts of depressing. This fucker had been openly planning for months and there were multiple instances where had just a little more attention been payed he wouldn’t have had access to the weapons he used. How does someone make multiple murder/suicide threats and get cut loose with his access to guns still in place? The shit about him actually physically surveilling possible target locations really points to how methodical he was about choosing the target he did, so that clears up my ‘Why Buffalo?’ question. Fuck this guy.

19 Likes

With his last police involvement and this - who lets him own an arsenal in your home? How is he allowed to continue owning at least until a risk of harm review?

20 Likes

For those for whom this isn’t a rhetorical question, in the U.S. a white person is assumed to be a “responsible gun owner” right up until (and sometimes a bit after) the moment their weapons are used to, say, commit a racist massacre or kill a school full of kindergarten kids.

20 Likes

Katy Perry Reaction GIF by Top Talent

Edited to remove gif of racist YTer. Thanks for the head’s up, @vermes82 !

14 Likes

from

This shooting and the tepid response from the GOP is yet another piece of evidence that they MAGA wing has gone full on fascist and they must be stopped.

23 Likes

Agreed. What keeps going through my head after the initial pandemic response, the reaction to BLM protests, and the attempted coup on Jan 6 is, “How much evidence does a non-MAGA member of the GOP need to see before they fight back against this?” The campaign financing, poll results, and voter turnout seem to indicate no major reaction except for power struggles at the top among the MAGAts. I guess we’ll know at the end of this month if GOP party membership and support for extremists is changing.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/15/politics/trump-endorsement-oz-cawthorn-republican-primary/index.html

After seeing this article on school shootings, and considering what’s changed among those in the GOP who claim to be concerned about children, this most recent act of terrorism probably won’t change hearts and minds either:

17 Likes

Alex [Jones]

8 Likes

That’s JonTron.

Archive:

“We can’t restore our civilization with somebody else’s babies.” Steve King

7 Likes

I have to remember not to use .gifs with that guy anymore. :frowning_face:

12 Likes