Attempted Coup in the United States: Tracking Investigations and Fallout

The system is workiing as designed.

8 Likes

I absolutely love that performance.

3 Likes

“ “Allowing the defendant to publicly disseminate reports of witness statements will have the collateral effect of witness tampering because it will expose witnesses to public commentary on their potential testimony before trial and allow a witness to review summaries of other witnesses’ statements recounting the same event or events,” the prosecutors wrote on Sunday.”

—
“ “The defense’s misleading claims, failure to confer, unexplained wholesale opposition, and extrajudicial statements make clear the defense’s real purpose: to abuse criminal discovery to try this case in the media rather than in court,” the prosecutors wrote.”

12 Likes

"The House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol will vote Wednesday night on whether to censure Jeffrey Clark, a move that would tee up a full House vote on whether to refer the former Justice Department official for prosecution by the very agency where he used to work.

Clark was a mid-level attorney at the Justice Department during the Trump administration, but he became a central figure in a pressure campaign by former President Trump to involve the agency in investigating his baseless claims of voter fraud."

15 Likes

This idiot

11 Likes

Damn. I just commented yesterday how much I enjoyed his performance in that.

Sigh…separate the art from the artist I guess…

3 Likes

Ugh:

Don’t worry about the Patreon link. Kendzior does a fine job of outlining the issues and people involved. Warning: the Twitter thread may fill you with a sense of doom.

Will Garland do his job–his job as U.S. Attorney General?

Or…

9 Likes

To nobody’s surprise except to him, that defense didn’t work

14 Likes

Whomp whomp.

13 Likes
14 Likes

Was this already posted? (I don’t see it)

From the article:

“To the extent the Union can be saved we should work to that end,” his campaign website says. “However, it is past time Texans start seriously exploring our exit from the Union.”

Again, saying “good riddance” to Texas means abandoning millions of non-Middletons to the likes of Mark Middleton (and/or those who like Mark Middleton).

15 Likes
10 Likes

Admitting that he has committed crimes isn’t a good look for an attorney.

I guess they can always immunize him if they want to compel his testimony & go after the Trump Crime Family.

12 Likes

Maybe he should have fixed up a boat or started a garden instead of doing dumb shit like this in his free time

11 Likes
14 Likes

Previously, the defense has argued that the agents manipulated a sleep-deprived Rodriguez, who was arrested early in the morning at his Fontana, Calif., home. Judge Amy Berman Jackson requested the video so she could determine whether the interview was coercive and it was made public Tuesday. The judge has not yet ruled, although she previously noted that only a brief portion of the interview occurred before Rodriguez was read his rights.

Wasn’t there a SCOTUS decision a few years back, in which they said “well, sometimes the police can skirt Miranda rights?” (I can’t find it) Sounds like the Miranda warning is now a big concern again, I guess – like the condition of jails, after the Jan. 6 defendants had been placed in them.

14 Likes
12 Likes

What’s with the upside down flags?

9 Likes
14 Likes

Upside down American flag

The US Flag Code stipulates that this can only be used in cases of “dire distress and extreme danger to life or property.”

13 Likes