Surprising

15 Likes

interesting combination of countries.

4 Likes
19 Likes

announcers talking GIF by South Park

8 Likes
15 Likes

Not really, he’s on the edge of facing legal consequences over not admitting he lost which he now will say was some kind of joke or obvious exaggeration that no one would take seriously.

11 Likes

Yep and meanwhile he will continue to feed the lie to the cult whenever he thinks he can get away with it.

9 Likes

Steve Bannon just lost a key defense ahead of his trial on contempt of Congress charges: that he was following his lawyer’s advice when he defied subpoenas from the House select committee investigating the Capitol riot.

In a four-page order, US District Judge Carl Nichols blocked Bannon from raising that argument at his July trial, citing a decades-old precedent that prevents those charged with contempt of Congress from using the so-called advice of counsel defense.

Nichols, a Trump appointee confirmed in 2019 to the Washington, DC, federal trial court, appeared to hand down the decision reluctantly. At a hearing last month, he raised questions about the 1961 ruling by the US Court of Appeals for the DC Circuit that foreclosed the advice of counsel defense against contempt of Congress charges.

17 Likes

A Trump appointee.

8 Likes

Plausible compromised judge.

10 Likes

You mean the judge that said that the DOJ was singling out Republican protestors in charging them harsher than any other group in the history of federal court as of March 2022 stretched the power of the bench to let their case go with a slap on the wrist? What a twist ending to this tale. The real shame is that this judge who literally projected their bias into the media will never see anything come of it since they should have let it go to trial instead of killing it on the bench because their voiced bias.

10 Likes

Raskin! Go! Go! Go!

20 Likes

Drag Queen Applause GIF by Paramount+

8 Likes

I heard this story on NPR as I was going home last night and my first thought was “I do not even have to ask who appointed this yay-hoo.”

15 Likes
13 Likes

I’m sorry, what? At what point was this not political?

24 Likes

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/11/politics/thomas-robertson-capitol-riot-verdict/index.html

Robertson has been awaiting his trial in jail since July, after investigators said they found a rifle and bomb-making material in his home and learned that he bought another 37 guns on the internet after his original arrest in January 2021.

16 Likes

:thinking:

18 Likes

In particular, how does sending it to a federal prosecutor make it more political :confused:

7 Likes

Political just means “Republicans don’t like it” at this point, right?

14 Likes