Attempted Coup in the United States: Tracking Investigations and Fallout

Space Nazi:

11 Likes

Especially the Bradley Foundation. Many far right funds seem coy about it, and cloak their contributions to fringe groups, but the Bradley Foundation always loudly jumps in with both jack boots.

https://trashpanda-x.github.io/darklantern/#Bradley%20Foundation

11 Likes

Right now, a back-dated pocket pardon could go for quite an amount.

(I’m sure he has boxes of the right stationary and pens.)

10 Likes

David Simon compactly states things:

16 Likes
16 Likes

Very cool and normal®.

After a brief break, the January 6 committee hearing has resumed, and the panel shared a clip from Michael Flynn’s testimony with investigators.

Flynn, Donald Trump’s former national security adviser and a close ally, repeatedly invoked his Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination to avoid answering the committee’s questions about the January 6 insurrection.

Among other things, Flynn would not answer a question from Liz Cheney, the committee’s Republican vice-chair, about whether he believes in the peaceful transfer of power.

Trump tried to grab car’s steering wheel to go to Capitol

Donald Trump wanted to go to the Capitol with his supporters on January 6, and he reacted with rage when aides told him he could not do so, Cassidy Hutchinson testified.

Hutchinson said Tony Ornato, the White House deputy chief of staff, told her that Trump was “irate” when he was informed he would be returning to the West Wing instead of going to the Capitol.

According to Hutchinson’s testimony, Trump told a Secret Service agent, “I’m the effing president, take me up to the Capitol now.”

The agent responded that he could not take Trump to the Capitol, prompting the president to try to grab hold of the steering wheel of his limousine, known as “the Beast”.

When that failed, Trump lunged for the agent’s throat, Hutchinson said. That same agent listened to Ornato as he recounted the story to Hutchinson.

16 Likes

In the future there will be entire constitutional law courses at universities about that one car trip :grimacing:

12 Likes
12 Likes
7 Likes

a sort of non-non-seditious reason :face_with_spiral_eyes:

So much of their “plan” depended on being able to blame everything on leftist counterprotesters … who knew better than to even show up

15 Likes

Nothing to see here…

14 Likes

Seven Pa. lawyers involved in Trump’s legal fight to overturn the 2020 election are hit with ethics complaints

All of them, the filings said, lent their “law license and the legal profession’s integrity and power to an orchestrated effort to undermine our nation’s elections.”

22 Likes

Sarcastic Bad News GIF by Hello All

13 Likes

The headline was a little unclear, and made it seem like the attorneys were served with complaints by the state disciplinary authority. In fact, these are just complaints to that authority, which anyone can make (at least in my state - I can’t speak to the process in Pennsylvania). No guarantees that any of the complaints will result in anything more than a reprimand. I wish more of the judges followed Linda Parker’s lead and imposed Rule 11 sanctions, which would put a little more teeth into the ethical complaints.

Day Today GIF

4 Likes

I think there are events to be encouraged by, like the FBI raiding Clark’s house, and Clark, Eastman and hopefully Powell likely to be disbarred. I just don’t think this is particularly newsworthy. Anybody can go on the PA bar’s website and file complaints, but it doesn’t mean a whole lot, especially where lawyer discipline is usually for protecting clients. Happy to be proven wrong.

8 Likes

Every little bit of focus on this, and people pushing for accountability helps. All of it.

8 Likes
4 Likes

Bannon never had a valid claim of execitive priviledge. He wasn’t part of the White House staff or any part of the executive branch.

It would be like a bartender who once talked with a drunk Richard Nixon claiming executive priviledge.

22 Likes