Attempted Coup in the United States: Tracking Investigations and Fallout

9 Likes

Of course they are. Pawns, all of them, but willing ones. Just as coup-culpable as the Trumpsurrectionists who stormed the Capitol.

This is critical to close the trap on the real criminals here. The attack was two-pronged. The physical attack on the Capitol was just a delaying action. The real coup was to either eliminate Pence from the equation so that Grassley could substitute these fake electors or the Constitution timed out and the whole thing went to the state delegations.

To box 45 in, we need both elements to be formally recognized as criminal.

16 Likes

Ongoing WTAF-ism.

Obligs archical version:

https://archive.ph/w9PNZ

20 Likes

Maybe he senses he won’t make it to 2024 unindicted and so needs a retroactive coronation so he can whip out the pardon pen for himself and others? I dunno.

8 Likes
18 Likes

The proposal also includes key provisions intended to promote an orderly transition of presidential power by outlining guidelines for when eligible candidates can receive federal resources for a transition into office.

I wish they would also take steps to prevent a petty loser from preventing the transition to the next administration. They shouldn’t forget what a mess 45’s delays and denial caused the executive branch, either.

15 Likes

The proposal still needs to be approved by both chambers and will need 60 votes in the Senate to break any filibuster attempt, meaning at least 10 Republicans would be needed to support any legislation.

:yawning_face: I’m so tired of reading this whenever anything gets passed in the House.

19 Likes

“There’s no reason for us to say the texts were lost. I mean, how do you know that those people texted? They were told to upload their official records, and they did. So this is partly what we’re going to communicate to the committee, all of the data that we have. People say texts were lost. How do you know texts were sent?” Guglielmi told The Hill

yeah, that’s a real confidence builder right there. their defense is basically that they have absolutely no idea about what goes on in their own organization. meanwhile their whole mission is security.

completely believable /s

20 Likes

14 Likes
21 Likes

Bravo, sir!

12 Likes

4 Likes

Will or should? They needed an additional question.

Edit:

“Half of Americans (50%) think former President Donald Trump should be charged with crimes based on the evidence presented at the House January 6th hearings, but only 28% of U.S. adults think he will face criminal charges. Driven by Republicans (87%), 45% of U.S. residents do not think Trump should be charged with crimes“

17 Likes
15 Likes

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/07/21/politics/dhs-inspector-general-secret-service-texts/index.html

The new letter comes after the Secret Service was only able to provide a single text message to the inspector general, who had requested a month’s worth of records for 24 Secret Service personnel, according to a letter to the select committee.

17 Likes
12 Likes
15 Likes

NY Times reprint on Yahoo

13 Likes

Lock him up! Lock him up!

11 Likes

giphy-6

18 Likes