Attempted Coup in the United States: Tracking Investigations and Fallout

Agreed all around, and I’m scared too. And while I see encouraging signs that legal/institutional gears are grinding toward Trump, I’m frustrated that so little has been done so far. At the same time, I’m also leery of focusing so much on just him.

I think Biden, Garland and so on have been much too slow about calling out and punishing these bastards, and I dearly hope they get their asses in gear. And that the next round of hearings provides even more concrete proof that will finally result in prosecution of Trump. Along with many more of his operatives and criminal followers.

:crossed_fingers: :fist:

17 Likes

Clear and present danger used to mean something to snipers.

Guess things are different now.

5 Likes

I agree there is a middle ground and I hope things are going to turn out fine, but I find myself unable to give in to that hope. As someone in the crosshairs of a fascist movement, I simply don’t have that luxury. I have to prepare myself for the worst or I’ll have no chance of surviving. Trump could very well go to prison, but that still leaves me with roughly a third of the country that wants me dead.

15 Likes

That’s the truth that frightens me the most. Trump and his band of imbeciles are on the downswing finally, but the movement that brought them to power persists, and actually addressing the terrorists in the room seems to be a bridge too far for way too many people. And if they are not rooted out, it will end badly.

20 Likes

A few years ago, it was bathroom bills, then sports bans. That wasn’t enough so they moved on to banning books and speech, then onto state mandated detransition. Still, they needed more, so they call in bomb threats to children’s hospitals. I don’t want to know what badly looks like.

19 Likes
8 Likes

He painted Richardson as a valued member of his community who frequently volunteers as a poll watcher and judge of elections and who had built a successful pest-control business in Montgomery County.

So he was in a position to manipulate elections and he liked to kill animals.

Hardly the image his lawyer seems to think this projects.

10 Likes
9 Likes

If she was 14 when the war ended, then of course she saw things through the eyes of a child and believed what her parents and other family members were telling her.

However, there were mini camps in nearly every single town, no matter how small. We only hear about the top dozen or so camps, but there were actually over 44,000 camps and other incarceration sites. Every adult knew what was happening, at least enough to know it was inhumane and – dare I say it? – un-Christian.

13 Likes
11 Likes
19 Likes

The coup slowly rolls on.

17 Likes
6 Likes

…if it had been Hillary Clinton who’d worked to seize the White House in 2016, you can bet that blocking her collaborators in Congress would be the least of the efforts Republicans would have undertaken. She’d more likely be facing the fate of Julius and Ethel Rosenberg, along with any Congressional co-conspirators.

President Biden has correctly identified these people as “semi-fascists” and called them out to their faces. Now Democrats in Congress—particularly as more information comes out through the January 6th Committee and the efforts of the FBI—need to take the gloves off and challenge the right of insurrectionists and those giving them “aid and comfort” to continue to serve in Congress.

tumblr_nemgdabEiN1r8f85do2_400-thumb-700x298-200311

13 Likes

About damn time.

15 Likes
15 Likes
17 Likes

Wtf? Don’t they know that day’s real martyr is Ashley Babbit?

/s, which maybe i shouldn’t do, because that plaque is a mighty somber reminder…

6 Likes

That incident sounds more like “suicide by cop” than an attempted coup. How does it relate to this thread?

1 Like

Wut?

He died while protecting the Capitol, during the attempted coup.

6 Likes