Attempted Coup in the United States: Tracking Investigations and Fallout

I had the same thought, but evidently he died 3 months later when someone rammed a vehicle into the barricades around the Capitol.

11 Likes

Ah, now I see. Thanks for looking into it.

13 Likes

This was the car attack that happened in April.
I’m not saying it wasn’t related to the Jan. 6 coup attempt, but it was a different event.

It’s weird, though, that his plaque is up before (as far as I know) any honoring the officers who were injured and/or killed from the Jan. 6 rampage.

Doh. @Jesse13927 scooped me.

coca cola coke GIF by The Coca-Cola Company

15 Likes

The January 6th deaths are more complicated. One stroke, hours later, eventually ruled unconnected to the events of the day, and four suicides over the subsequent months by people on duty that day. One of the suicides was ruled line-of-duty in March 2022; head injuries on the day were directly related to his subsequent self-inflicted shooting.

3 Likes

True.
Getting slightly off topic, but just a friendly reminder (not aimed at you, just a general airing of my grievance) - because of this bill officers who refused to get the COVID vaccine were still eligible for death/disability benefits if they got COVID as if it was a “line of duty” injury or death.
Seems like with COVID the stance is “you can’t prove it wasn’t related to the job,” but with the coup attempt, the burden is on the families to prove that is was related.

12 Likes

Yeah, you’re right. My mistake.

3 Likes

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/09/politics/murder-the-media-proud-boys-guilty/index.html

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/09/politics/murder-the-media-proud-boys-guilty/index.html

16 Likes
15 Likes
21 Likes

interested rubbing hands GIF

16 Likes

Their phones too.

20 Likes

Tim and Eric are producers on this? I guess those two would be the type to go out looking for absurdities of that calibur

5 Likes

Updating a few posts in this thread from long ago, the gears of justice continue to grind slowly toward AK State Rep and proud lifetime Oathkeeper member David Eastman, who was at the Jan 6 protest but didn’t apparently enter the Capitol.

Alaska’s constitution prohibits anyone “who advocates, or who aids or belongs to any party or organization or association which advocates, the overthrow by force or violence of the government of the United States or of the State” from holding public office.

Anchorage judge says Division of Elections must enforce disloyalty clause when determining candidate eligibility (adn.com)

15 Likes

Breaking news that MyPillow guy Mike Lindell just had his phone taken by FBI agents with a warrant. At an Arby’s of all places.

19 Likes

Oh, what is that twitter feed… the depressed arbys? the existential arbys? What did they have to say about this?

10 Likes

Nihilist Arby’s. I just checked and no comment yet.

12 Likes

Thank U GIF by The Drew Barrymore Show

Comedy GIF by PeacockTV

12 Likes

Conflicting reports now, some saying it was actually a Hardee’s.

13 Likes

Sir, this is a Hardee’s.

Lindell also expounded on his legal situation in a Tuesday night video.

“The FBI came after me and took my phone,” he said in the clip. “They surrounded me in a Hardee’s and took my phone that I run all my business, everything with. What they’ve done is weaponize—the FBI, it’s disgusting. I don’t have a computer. Everything I do [is] off that phone. Everything was on there. And they told me not to tell anybody. Here’s an order: ‘Don’t tell anybody!’ ‘OK, I won’t!’ Well, I am.”

18 Likes

I wonder if Gilbert Giddyup was part of the sting?

7 Likes