Attempted Coup in the United States: Tracking Investigations and Fallout

8 Likes

Side note: The number of times that various prosecutors have admitted that the pepper spray used by police is a “chemical munition” ought to be causing far more consternation.

In arguing for the lengthy prison sentence, the Justice Department said Schwartz “stole chemical munitions, including pepper spray

15 Likes

There was so much used against BLM protesters in Portland that it poisoned the river. The EPA and NFWS should go after Portland Police and ICE for poisoning endangered salmon and white sturgeon.

11 Likes

Eff these assholes!

https://www.joemygod.com/2023/04/zip-ties-guy-rioter-and-mother-guilty-on-all-charges/

I’ve become a pacifist in my years, but I do love my country and I’ve no tolerance for these traitors.

8 Likes

ETA;
sorry, wishful thinking
@Akimbo_NOT rightly points out this is an article from last year

8 Likes

Article from October, 22?

8 Likes

https://archive.is/ubXYF

8 Likes
8 Likes

for once i agree with cancun cruise on this. i think he’s saying the same blatantly wrong and unconstitutional statements he’s already said publicly. it doesn’t seem like “new news” so much as, yes: he wanted to replace the will of voters with the corruption of congress

a more evidence not new evidence sort of thing

9 Likes

Oh man, it would have been fun to be a fly on his head during all that!

10 Likes

Thank goodness there was a trail of evidence of their presence!

12 Likes
5 Likes

10 Likes
11 Likes

Orange is the new black and yellow.

11 Likes

Orange is the New Brownshirt

14 Likes

Tarrio seems to have been working hard to undercut his own defense. From the WaPo coverage:

Tarrio did not testify at trial, but he contradicted his defense team’s argument to jurors that he was being made “a scapegoat for Donald Trump and those in power.” Instead, Tarrio embraced hard-line Trump backers’ claims that he was being used as “the next steppingstone” to “get to” Trump, who is running again for president. “They’re trying to get to the top and they’re trying to manipulate the 2024 election,” he said in the jail call.

So his lawyers were basically saying “please don’t blame our client for his part in the insurrection, the real culprit for the violence that day was Donald Trump…” and he jumped in to say “Nuh-UH! I’m totally responsible for everything I did that day and I regret nothing!!”

10 Likes

DOJ seeks 25-year prison sentence for Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes - ABC News.

7 Likes
9 Likes
7 Likes