Attempted Coup in the United States: Tracking Investigations and Fallout

Scuba Steve arrested and charged

6 Likes

Yeah, those receipts. Most of them we either knew or suspected. Maybe a surprise or two. But categorically: receipts.

One argument: it’s all out in the open now. The quiet parts out loud, the emboldened emerging from their lairs or redoubts or suburban nightmares or wherever, the entitled jumping in to defend their entitlements.

Other argument: wow, should we confront them? in what way? are they reachable? this behavior of theirs is pretty unsettling; we are finding out about people who we either have to work with, or live next to, and dang if they do not mean us well and even appear to be arming themselves

ETA: clarifiers and this

2 Likes
3 Likes
8 Likes

Fried Rice Cooking GIF by Nigel Ng (Uncle Roger)

2 Likes

Yeah, that guy is an especially special a-hole. He’s the guy that dared the government to come arrest him and called the judge a clown over and over in court. He’ll have no say in our elections for a few years. :grinning:

6 Likes

As for those who are convicted and then go on to be publicly unremorseful:

“This is a matter of right versus wrong,” Lamberth said. “Mr. Little cannot bring himself to admit he did the wrong thing.” Little, appearing by video from his home in Claremont, N.C., shook his head and rolled his eyes as the judge spoke, occasionally muttering to himself.

Since his first sentencing, prosecutors noted, Little had also used Facebook to falsely claim FBI involvement in the Jan. 6 attack, describe himself as a “political prisoner,” and compare himself to Vietnam veterans “shunned … by armchair soldiers of family and ‘Friends’ who weren’t there.” He also promoted a campaign baselessly claiming Democrats will try to “rig” the 2024 election.

(free link)

And another (also free):

7 Likes

FAFO, #1206.

“My DJ career, which I had diligently built over the years, suffered a significant setback as all major social media platforms have banned me, erasing years of networking and promotional work,” he wrote in advance of his Jan. 25 sentencing by [U.S. District Judge Christopher] Cooper. “Other large tech companies have also banned me for life, because of my actions,” he wrote. “I am no longer able to use services like AirBnb for lodging, which impacts my travel options,” his letter said.

And Rahm wrote that difficulties with air travel - notably long delays and repeated screenings before he’s allowed to board a plane - support a belief that he’s on a “terrorist watchlist.”

The “stigma” of being at the riot has hurt his personal relationships, Rahm went on. “Some neighbors no longer speak with me. Some friends have exited my life… To this day I receive anonymous calls and hate mail at my home, even death threats,” said Rahm. “Some people automatically assume I am not a good person and treat me accordingly, without even knowing who I actually am,” his letter said.

In addition, Rahm noted a 5 a.m. raid by FBI agents in February 2021 forced his mother and younger brothers from their house “with almost no clothing in the freezing cold.”

“I carry guilt with me every single day,” he said.

1 Like

But he still doesn’t think what he did was wrong.

2 Likes

Oh yeah? I wonder why! Looks like he got the viral fame he was after.

For someone who was only there to look after his ailing father, it’s curious that he happened to wear a yellow and black scarf. Totally innocent colour scheme.

4 Likes

In the wake of the 2020 election, the president of the far-right network One America News sent a potentially explosive email to former Trump campaign lawyer Sidney Powell, with a spreadsheet claiming to contain passwords of employees from the voting technology company Smartmatic, according to court filings.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/29/business/oan-smartmatic-election-lawsuit/index.html

2 Likes
3 Likes

X Files Art GIF by Lily Padula

No one believed you last time, either, Sandra.

6 Likes
10 Likes
6 Likes
8 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes

Mills Lane Lets Get It On GIFs | Tenor

Let's Get Ready To Rumble GIFs | GIFDB.com

It’s go time.

8 Likes

Good news… it’ll still probably go to SCOTUS…

6 Likes