Attempted Coup in the United States: Tracking Investigations and Fallout

I kinda expect SCOTUS will punt on this one. The argument 45 attempted to make was ridiculous, attempting to overthrow legitimate election results is in no way part of a president’s job.

6 Likes

Well, at least election results in the US.

7 Likes

Um, election results of any functional democracy. If “it’s not illegal when the president does it” flies as acceptable in your country you don’t live in a democratic country, you live under autocracy.

7 Likes

Sorry, should have been a bit more clear, the president of the US has most certainly authorized overthrowing legitimate election results in countries that are not the US, many of which I am sure you’re aware of. Since that is “serving US interests” or “fighting communism”, and has been done by presidents from both parties, I’d say it probably is at least an unofficial part of their job.

5 Likes

OK, that makes your comment much more clear. And for the record, I despise that the US government has directly meddled in other county’s elections, sponsored coups, and engaged in other activities that have effectively ruined the world, not to mention hundreds of million lives. I’m no happier that the USSR did the same.

6 Likes

Yeah, I realized it after I had posted, sorry.

I live in yet another country, ostensibly a parliamentary democracy, which has also been involved in this same heinous behavior, and I know the feeling.

5 Likes

:violin:

4 Likes

ha ha simpsons GIF

8 Likes
2 Likes
9 Likes

“I’m the one in the video with the gun right here,” before adding, "Man, should I just tell the FBI to come get me or what?”

:face_with_head_bandage:

2 Likes