Attempted Coup in the United States: Tracking Investigations and Fallout

I kinda expect SCOTUS will punt on this one. The argument 45 attempted to make was ridiculous, attempting to overthrow legitimate election results is in no way part of a president’s job.

7 Likes

Well, at least election results in the US.

8 Likes

Um, election results of any functional democracy. If “it’s not illegal when the president does it” flies as acceptable in your country you don’t live in a democratic country, you live under autocracy.

8 Likes

Sorry, should have been a bit more clear, the president of the US has most certainly authorized overthrowing legitimate election results in countries that are not the US, many of which I am sure you’re aware of. Since that is “serving US interests” or “fighting communism”, and has been done by presidents from both parties, I’d say it probably is at least an unofficial part of their job.

6 Likes

OK, that makes your comment much more clear. And for the record, I despise that the US government has directly meddled in other county’s elections, sponsored coups, and engaged in other activities that have effectively ruined the world, not to mention hundreds of million lives. I’m no happier that the USSR did the same.

7 Likes

Yeah, I realized it after I had posted, sorry.

I live in yet another country, ostensibly a parliamentary democracy, which has also been involved in this same heinous behavior, and I know the feeling.

6 Likes

:violin:

5 Likes

ha ha simpsons GIF

11 Likes
5 Likes
13 Likes

“I’m the one in the video with the gun right here,” before adding, "Man, should I just tell the FBI to come get me or what?”

:face_with_head_bandage:

4 Likes

Giuliani still wants to appeal that $148 Million defamation judgement against him. The bankruptcy judge just said “fine, but you can’t pay for it out of your own assets because you already owe way too much money to way too many people.”

I wonder if Giuliani has any rich friends left who want to throw away a few million bucks on behalf of one of the MAGA movement’s most embarrassing characters.

10 Likes

Even Mr. Shadow wouldn’t bail out Rudy.

10 Likes

ZOMG. I had no idea that was what was happening at that press conference! It makes so much sense!

10 Likes

https://archive.ph/jyKAI

17 Likes

As the crowd chanted, “Break it down,” someone smashed the glass panes of the House Chamber door. Toth allegedly looked through the glass and saw officers inside with their guns drawn and pointing at the door, authorities said.

He put his hands up and stepped away from the door, allegedly telling the crowd, “They have guns.”

“Everybody, I just stormed the f—— capitol building and helped kick down the chamber door,” he allegedly shouted through a bullhorn to the crowd outside. “I got a gun pointed at my head, I’ve been tear-gassed, and I am [unintelligible] up, and I have the biggest f——- hard-on in my g—— life. I am proud of each and every single one of you. We showed these people this our [unintelligible]. Everybody, they’ve stopped the vote.”

12 Likes

rage GIF

11 Likes

We stopped the vote - but it was not an insurrection.

14 Likes

Angry Hate GIF

9 Likes

And, of course, they are somehow both Antifa infiltrators and patriotic political prisoners. Truly dizzying intellectual dances these guys require.

11 Likes