Attempted Coup in the United States: Tracking Investigations and Fallout

Who could possibly have predic–

11 Likes

Mitchell is now hoping to earn points by refusing to extradite a murder suspect to New York, where the homicide occurred. She claims Bragg is too lenient on criminals and that she fears the accused would be set free.

If Bragg is that lenient on criminals, they should be happy that he is the one prosecuting Trump.

12 Likes

“Thus, by a continuous shifting of rhetorical focus, the enemies are at the same time too strong and too weak.” — Umberto Eco, “Ur-Fascism”

16 Likes

They’re going to try and do the same dirt digging they did with Willis. I hope he’s prepared.

12 Likes
10 Likes

Jan Sixers in the wild.

11 Likes

‘It’s time for you to grow up!’ | Judge sentences NY chimney repairman to 3 years in prison for role in Capitol riot

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/national/capitol-riots/its-time-for-you-to-grow-up-judge-sentences-ny-chimney-repairman-to-3-years-in-prison-for-role-in-capitol-riot-brandon-fellows/65-605c9753-4d44-4e7f-93ad-61009e814229

13 Likes

The court, a panel of three Democratic appointees, did not overturn the conviction. But it said that a lower court judge erred in deciding that Brock should face a stiffer sentence for “substantial interference with the administration of justice,” ruling that the penalty does not apply to crimes committed at the Capitol.

Re: the appellant,

Brock had advocated for “insurrection” online in advance of Jan. 6, saying “the battle isn’t winnable democratically,” evidence cited by the judges. His “plan of attack” was to “seize” government officials who opposed Trump, then “begin interrogations using measures we used on al-Qaida.” He advised, “Do not kill law enforcement officers unless necessary,” and anticipated a “pardon for all crimes up to and including murder.”

13 Likes

(Free link)

12 Likes

Fellows reportedly displayed no remorse at his August trial, where he represented himself and claimed McFadden was running a “Nazi court.” His antics so alarmed the jury that they sent a note to the judgeduring deliberations to confirm Fellows did not have any of their personal identifying information.

15 Likes
11 Likes

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/feature/intro-chesebro-docs

The Chesebro Docs

The Legal Coup

New Documents Reveal How Trump Lawyers Sought ‘Chaos’ to Force SCOTUS, or Whoever Else, to Anoint Trump

9 Likes
9 Likes

A good friend of mine went to high school with this wonderful human. She was such a genius that she actually initially posted pics of herself breaking into the Capitol on Jan 6 on Facebook. She later took them down, but my friend reported her to the FBI, as did a lot of other people.

13 Likes

( I had no idea AOL was still around.)

4 Likes

Well the first link I found to a reliable source was the Kansas City Star, which, unfortunately, has gone behind a full paywall. The second source I found appeared to be AI generated copy. That was the first link I found that was freely available and not AI generated garbage.

10 Likes

Kimberly Dragoo sounds like a real maroon!

7 Likes

Someone skipped her criming classes at Prager University.

4 Likes

Hey, man, i still have an AOL email address! Yes, it dates back to the '80s, but why mess with success?

11 Likes
8 Likes