Attempted Coup in the United States: Tracking Investigations and Fallout

Apparently “cosplay” is now so mainstream a word that it is used in court without raising an eyebrow. The nerds truly have won.

This Court will not welcome such absurdity by giving special treatment to defendants who cosplay while committing crimes.

Also, I hate to say this, but that is a pretty good costume. Much better than the shaman.

12 Likes

Hmmm. The wapo.st link wants me to create an account in order to read the article at no charge.

8 Likes

Yeah, (speaking of different subjects) I’m less & less excited about my subscription, for various reasons. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes
12 Likes
8 Likes

Marine accused of flashing a Nazi salute during the Capitol riot gets almost 5 years in prison

8 Likes

Wisconsin man charged with fleeing to Ireland to avoid prison term for Capitol riot role

https://apnews.com/article/capitol-riot-fugitive-ireland-paul-kovacik-fbe68dc32acb4bfa163ef2d200fa154b

13 Likes
9 Likes

I highly recco the RAW News and Politics yt channel. Gina is a Goddess who pulls no punches and often laughs at these stupid jackasses. She makes vids re: several at once

…and one at a time.
More re: the idiot sword-bearing cosplayer:

9 Likes
16 Likes

14th Amendment when!?!

What good is the Constitution if the government never applies it except to make sure teenagers and right-wing terrorists have weapons of war?

13 Likes

For real. They use it just like they use the Bible. Pick and choose, ignore the rest.

13 Likes

Reasons.

Craven and its synonyms dastardly and pusillanimous are all basically fancy words for “cowardly.” Don’t be afraid to use them—here’s a little information to help you recognize the subtle distinctions in their connotations. Craven suggests extreme defeatism and complete lack of resistance. One might speak of “craven yes-men.” Dastardly often implies behavior that is both cowardly and treacherous or skulking or outrageous, as in this example: “a dastardly attack on unarmed civilians.” Pusillanimous suggests a contemptible lack of courage, as in “After the attack, one editorialist characterized the witnesses as ‘the pusillanimous bystanders.’”

11 Likes
12 Likes

If he sells them, would that be profiting off a crime and would it be illegal?

12 Likes

I’m going to guess no. I think those mainly apply to selling your story to media.

But it’s a totally uniformed guess.

10 Likes

(Free link; not sure if WaPo will onebox)

Man who attacked police at the US Capitol with poles gets 20 years, one of longest Jan. 6 sentences

https://wapo.st/4fFXxWv

10 Likes
12 Likes

FINALLY. This is the first and only January 6th case I’ve heard of where the sentence comes anywhere close to fitting the crime. I’m not sure how much it might potentially get reduced for good behavior or whatnot, but it at least sounds like an effort at justice was made. All the other ones gave the appearance that the judges resented having to dole out any punishment whatsoever.

10 Likes

I’m going to guess “not much”

10 Likes