Attempted Coup in the United States: Tracking Investigations and Fallout

What an idiot.

10 Likes

I wonder how many of the others would have dropped the act this way if the judges hadnā€™t instantly fallen for their ā€œIā€™m just a simpleminded white oaf who was misled, pity meeeeā€ routine and given them slaps on the wrist. (Okay, a few years in jail is something more than a slap on the wrist, but some of these fuckers are going to be out in time for a second coup attempt if Harris wins!)

8 Likes

Agreed. Thereā€™s a link in here with current progress on cases and sentencing:

Iā€™m wondering if the DOJ has an estimate for when the current cases are likely to be done, but of course they are still searching for some of the perpetrators. :weary:

7 Likes

There was an outside chance that this would have shone light on how bullshit the felony murder law is, by slapping felony murder on top of everyone elseā€™s charges.

As it is, it shits on everyone who is charged felony murder

4 Likes

She had a short sword amongst her various weaponry.

Coup-adjacent assholes:

6 Likes

And thatā€™s that!

Possible 22 years sentence.

10 Likes

Oath Keepers attorney pleads guilty to Jan. 6 charges

Kellye SoRelle, a Texas woman who once served as general counsel for the Oath Keepers, pleaded guilty to entering and remaining on restricted grounds and seeking to corruptly persuade others to destroy evidence.

13 Likes
10 Likes
11 Likes

Wilson, 48, communicated with members of the far-right Oath Keepers extremist group and adherents of the antigovernment Three Percenters movement as he marched to the Capitol. Wilson has identified as an Oath Keeper and as a member of the Gray Ghost Partisan Rangers, a Three Percenter militia, according to prosecutors.

Wilson posted in the group under the username ā€œLive Wire.ā€ On Nov. 9, 2020, Wilson wrote to the group, ā€œIā€™m willing to do whatever. Done made up my mind. I understand the tip of the spear will not be easy. Iā€™m willing to sacrifice myself if necessary. Whether it means prison or death.ā€

12 Likes

Casey Tryon-Castro, 34, of Roanoke, was convicted by a jury in June of eight counts ā€“- including felony counts of assaulting, resisting or impeding police, civil disorder and robbery ā€“- for joining the mobā€™s effort to push past police lines on Jan. 6 and ripping an officerā€™s riot shield away from them. She was scheduled to be sentenced by U.S. District Judge Rudolph Contreras on Nov. 12.

Following her conviction, Contreras allowed her to remain free on bond. On Friday, prosecutors asked Contreras to set a hearing to consider whether that bond should be revoked.

According to Roanoke Police Department reports filed alongside prosecutorsā€™ motion Friday, Tryon-Castro was arrested on Aug. 17 after police received a report of trespassing at Dr. Pepper Park, an outdoor music venue in Roanoke, Virginia. Postings on the Downtown Roanoke website say musician Aaron Lewis, best known as the lead vocalist for the rock band Staind, was scheduled to perform at the venue that evening as part of his ā€œAmerican Patriot Tour.ā€

When police arrived, according to the reports, Tryon-Castro was ā€œunsteady on her feetā€ and had the odor of alcohol on her breath. She allegedly refused to provide officers her name and attempted to run away. When officers began placing her in custody, she allegedly became aggressive.

ā€œResident Tryon became assaultive, attempting to bite Deputy [Redacted] on her left leg,ā€ one of the arresting officers wrote in a report submitted to the court. ā€œResident Tryon aggressively kicked me multiple times on the inside of my right knee, causing the outside of my knee to forcefully strike the wall each time.ā€

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/national/capitol-riots/convicted-capitol-rioter-arrested-again-for-biting-officer-at-aaron-lewis-concert-casey-tryon-castro-jan-6-roanoke-dr-pepper-park/

Lady Gaga GIF

3 Likes
6 Likes

Fried Rice Cooking GIF by Nigel Ng (Uncle Roger)

5 Likes

I did not know about this civil case, still in discovery, which is fighting for the civil rights harmed by January 6th; not just the Capitol officers themselves, but also the non-white voters (in aggregate) accused of cheating the system as an excuse for the coup that day.

8 Likes
8 Likes

11 Likes

Which would mean that he always knew this and covered it up when it didnā€™t help the Nazis.

5 Likes