Doctor who punched police in Jan 6 riot gets 9 months jail time

Originally published at: Doctor who punched police in Jan 6 riot gets 9 months jail time - Boing Boing

10 Likes

Whatever happened to “first, do no harm”? I see that she has agreed not to practice medicine in Massachusetts, but that only means some other jurisdiction will end up with her.

19 Likes
6 Likes

Doctor who punched police in Jan 6 riot gets 9 months jail time

“I most assuredly did not!”

tom-baker-dr-who-4th-doctor-is-the-doctor-who-for-genx-who-v0-5pzme9fvfrqc1

38 Likes

26 Likes

Everyone that’s an aficionado of having a functioning democracy and peaceful transition of power also regret the encounter as well. Sheesh.

17 Likes

9 months jail time

26 Likes

Will the medical board intervene and remove her license?

14 Likes

Came here for this.

What jail will hold a Time Lord though?

8 Likes

Doctor Who Amy GIF by BBC America

15 Likes

… the old guy gets into all kinds of mischief :scarf:

6 Likes

until i finished the sentence, this was my first thought, too. “The Doctor punched someone?? oh…”

8 Likes

Per a Boston Globe article, she’s agreed not to practice in Massachusetts. But beyond that I guess it would be up to the state whether to recognize her credentials.

6 Likes

When guys need punching, the Dr will be there…

And he’ll bring a Rory Williams with him.

13 Likes

Eeeh, what’s up Doc?

a cartoon of bugs bunny in a jail cell with a hammer .

11 Likes

Credentialing also includes a criminal background check, so getting credentialed in another state will be … more … difficult. After that, she needs to be hired by a practice or hospital that will also review her criminal background record and decide: “yes, this is the sort of person we want to hire.”

Not impossible, but significantly harder than what Copper McShootypants will face moving from one police force to another.

11 Likes

Man, I had no idea the new Doctor Who was so unhinged

10 Likes

If she can distinguish a spleen from a liver there may be an opening available after recent floridian events.

16 Likes

This is only tangentially related, but there was a Law & Order: Criminal Intent episode where a home heatlhcare aid who let his elderly, paranoid charge die in a fire basically admits that although he didn’t kill the guy, he also did nothing to help. He’s then arrested because, as a medical professional, he has a “higher duty of care,” with the (possibly/probably fictional) precedent of a lifeguard who watched someone drown and did nothing to try to help.

TL;DR: Her punishment for assault, as a medical “professional,” should be as high if not higher than the knuckleheads wearing horned helmets. And we should all get to watch Vincent D’Onofrio yell at her.

4 Likes

Everytime I see a headline that starts with “Doctor Who…” my brain wonders what the Doctor did now!

doctor who GIF

6 Likes