Attempted Coup in the United States: Tracking Investigations and Fallout

12 Likes

Doh Face Hit

16 Likes
15 Likes
6 Likes

Man, he’s starting to look more or and more like Droopy every day…

minus the humor, charisma, and spine.

7 Likes
15 Likes

Meanwhile, at MLK JR. Day demonstrations in NYC…

Same as it ever was.

16 Likes

Via

12 Likes

Hey, I was eating!

ETA: that was a quick edit.

2 Likes

Stupid clipboard! Sorry about that.

1 Like
8 Likes

Now, there’s someone who actually deserves a medal.

15 Likes

I still hate living in a corporation-driven dystopia but as long as we’re stuck here I’m glad so many corporations have started pulling the plug on the current batch of supplicants.

16 Likes

Ah yes, one of his early scandals that set the tone for the years to come. Everyone was asking “how could the Boy Scouts invite Trump to their event??” and they were like “we’ve invited every US President since 1910, we just never had one who used it as an opportunity to brag about his sex life before.”

18 Likes

No word if Doctor Demon Sperm was also involved.

9 Likes

IANAGSO (I Am Not A Gov’t Security Officer), however, there were pics from the capital noting that folks left so quickly they didn’t even get to lock their laptops.

As a parallel, this is how they got the Silk road guy - they swooped in while he was using his laptop in a cafe and nabbed it before he could lock it.

That being said, the folks doing the nabbing here were not all that… organized, so I’m betting they either closed the laptop or failed to keep it charged so it’s locked again, meaning it should have some layer of security as a result.

17 Likes

Cross post with Fucking NY Times

Aaaaaaand, the honeymoon is over, -18 hours into his administration.

Eschaton

Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Back On Their Bullshit Already

(narrator: they never got off their bullshit)

Atrios at 18:59

19 Likes

On the one hand, Trump has bunch of luxury properties and a giant Manhattan skyscraper emblazoned with his own name in giant gold letters.

On the other hand, Joe Biden has a stationary bicycle.

So I guess I can see how this is one of those “both sides” issues.

31 Likes

the cybersecurity issue is a real thing, as with all iot objects in the white house.

of course, trump never got rid of ( so far as i know ) his eminently hackable off-the-shelf phone so a peloton in every room would still be an improvement…

20 Likes

But really, is there anything beyond the “politics” of a Democratic president having an exercise cycle? Can this nation afford such an emasculation after having the most masculine president ever?

**Correction**

The New York Times would like to update the previous post to say that some historians dispute whether the previous president was the most masculine ever, but in any event it was definitely a Republican.

7 Likes