Attempted Coup in the United States: Tracking Investigations and Fallout

I love the panic in his voice.

24 Likes

LOL. People in hell want ice water.

5 Likes

The fact that they got in is horrifying and all that. But what I really wanna know is how they got out.

8 Likes

They will tie him to a chair and force feed him through a tube first.

1 Like

The same way: walking past a bunch of complicit Capitol police officers, who even helped them flush tear gas from their eyes and walked them down the steps.

15 Likes

I suspect PA will not impeach and remove, or whatever the equivalent there is. So arrest and prosecute. Let him try to hold office from federal prison.

7 Likes

I make the odds 50/50 between

1. He just eats the food (and already is), and
  2. They send an officer to Whole Foods to shop for him
5 Likes

Not sure if this has been covered elsewhere but one more potential casualty from the Republicansā€™ actions last week is 75-year-old Democratic Congresswoman Watson Coleman, who believes she was exposed to Covid-19 while being forced to shelter from the mob with Republican colleagues who refuse to wear masks or take other basic precautions against spreading the virus.

26 Likes

Or, long term, hire a teenager to fire off social media burns to every bad-faith talking point. That way, your team has responded to the point but without giving a ludicrous assertion any oxygen.

7 Likes

Probably. But that is what they do for people on hunger strikes. :confused:

1 Like

Heā€™s playing a buffalo, let him eat grass.

15 Likes

Heā€™s not wrong, except he seems to have forgotten helicopter gunships.

1 Like

I got that reference. And it pretty much works for me.

7 Likes

:rage:

5 Likes

Very tangential, if only because this is a White House stooge resigning, but not because of the coup attempt:

And of course, not actually resigning, because you canā€™t resign a post you never legally occupied.

Shit Iā€™m going to resign as head of the DHS. Will Reuters interview me?

13 Likes

Iā€™m resigning right now!

19 Likes

Lionel Hutz. at your service.

19 Likes

Points for honesty? Iā€™m guessing the defense strategy is going to be ā€œplead guilty and grovel and beg for mercy.ā€

2 Likes

I love that the part he really hemmed over was whether it was called a lectern or a podium. :joy:

22 Likes

Heā€™s definitely concerned about how the BBS is going to take his remarks.

14 Likes