Attempted Coup in the United States: Tracking Investigations and Fallout

Standing on the Capitol steps on Jan. 6, Richard Michetti allegedly took a break from the rioting to argue with his ex-girlfriend over text message. After sending photos and videos of the mob and boasting how he had avoided tear gas, Michetti parroted Donald Trump’s false claims of election fraud.

“If you can’t see the election was stolen you’re a moron,” Michetti wrote in a text to the woman, according to court documents.

The next day, the woman he had insulted promptly told the FBI that her ex was at the Capitol, handing over to law enforcement the string of texts, photos and videos he had sent to her.

Michetti, who lives in Ridley Park, Pa., has now been charged with knowingly entering a restricted building, violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds, and obstruction of Congress.

21 Likes

WTAF??? I cannot for the life of me understand the whole concept of Republican trans people. “I wholeheartedly endorse the platform of the party, including where it wants to execute me… wait, what?”

:man_facepalming:

16 Likes

“I don’t support complete free speech, I don’t think that communism should be legal,” he (Secor) said, going on to say that anarchists and communists “are the proponents of hate speech.”

And there you have it, Popper’s Paradox seen free in the wild. Aren’t we all entertained, now? Not to mention the irony of using hate speech to accuse others of being proponents of hate speech.

13 Likes
4 Likes

Mitch doesn’t think he can get the Senate back in 2022 without Trump’s supporters. (Assuming that they don’t burn down the Capitol in the meanwhile.)

7 Likes

He threw himself onto the altar of trump today by saying he’d get behind the SoB if he was the GQP pick for 2024.

The guy is dark. Pitch black runs in his veins.

12 Likes

That explains the hands.

10 Likes
14 Likes

when he wrote that footnote, Karl Popper was more interested in paradoxes than in regulating speech.

1 Like

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/brave-mcconnell-backs-potential-trump-2024-run-says-past-condemnation-not-something-relevant-now

12 Likes
11 Likes

The party of Aaron.

12 Likes

i sincerely wonder what he gets out of life. i mean if you have no moral stance because you’re so focused on trying to “win” all the time, what the heck is the point of winning?

and if morals and positions don’t matter - how do you even decide which ones to take? is he literally just seeking to maximize his social circumstances within his tiny minima? there’s a whole world out there, and he wants to be the biggest fish in the smallest and ever shrinking pond of american white supremacy.

really. it must be terribly exhausting to put on the mitch mcconnell skin suit every day

9 Likes

I don’t know, he seems to just toss it on haphazardly.

I think fundamentally he wants to end democracy in the United States. He’d rather it not be Trump in charge, but he’ll take Trump over democracy and freedom.

8 Likes

Just as long as he gets to help rule over the ashes

5 Likes

Narcissism and zealotry are my top guesses. Some combination of such.

4 Likes

If you thought there was a lot to unpack about that tweet, there’s a ton of stuff to wrap your head around in this article.

12 Likes

that tweet

winona-maths-what

17 Likes

You know, seeing that image I really want Fred Perry to sue the everloving f**k out of them for destroying their reputation. Is that possible? Can you slander someone by buying their products?

3 Likes

And by “new details discussed”, they mean privately.

3 Likes