Attempted Coup in the United States: Tracking Investigations and Fallout

4 Likes
5 Likes
2 Likes

But racism is a Southern problem. Like that great city of the South named Seattle. (/s in case it wasn’t obvious).

18 Likes

‘I Fed Him To The People’: Trump Fan Indicted For Dragging Cop Into Capitol Mob By The Neck

Magistrate Judge Regina Cannon of the Northern District of Georgia ordered Whitton released pending trial following an initial hearing last week. But federal prosecutors filed a motion for an emergency stay, and have asked a judge in D.C. to order Whitton held until trial.

I wonder if that judge is a Trump appointee.

10 Likes

entered office: Feb 3 2020

5 Likes
14 Likes

Seems like a pretty good description of him too…

5 Likes

Anyone who hasn’t seen video by now of Officer Hodges getting brutally crushed in a doorway by an angry mob of decidedly non-elderly people, well, they just really don’t care what actually happened that day.
Tucker was talking to them.
:triumph:

16 Likes
16 Likes
10 Likes
9 Likes

giphy

14 Likes

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/military-national-security-letter-january-6-commission-capitol-insurrection

Ex-Bigwigs In Military, Nat Sec World Implore Congress To Press On With Jan. 6 Commission

Former senior national security officials, members of the military and elected officials called in a new letter for Congress to establish a January 6 commission, driven primarily by their collective fear of the “exigent and growing threat” of domestic terrorism in the United States.

They acknowledged that January 6 was a massive security meltdown at the Capitol, and a sign of the lack of preparedness for similar attacks in the future. But it was also, they wrote, a signal of something festering deeper.

“January 6th was also the result of complex national security threats,” they wrote. “These include coordinated disinformation campaigns, nontransparent financing of extremist networks, potential foreign influences, and white supremacist violent extremism.”

7 Likes
18 Likes
FRIDAY, APRIL 09, 2021

Your Moment Of Zen

by Atrios at 18:45

15 Likes

Translated from lawyerese: “My client doesn’t like that he’s in a jail with Black people.”

21 Likes

Right? Inner city crimes? I think the only crime you have in “inner cities” that you don’t have in the burbs is defiling public transportation, bc we don’t have public transportation in the burbs. :roll_eyes:

11 Likes

I’m horrified that a seditious terrorist caught on camera assaulting police is being held in the same cell as shoplifters.

13 Likes

True! If reporting were really fair and balanced, we’d hear how his “dormitory” mates feel about sharing lodgings with the fine gentleman!
I bet he’s a sleep farter. I just bet.

13 Likes