Attempted Coup in the United States: Tracking Investigations and Fallout

See Ya Goodbye GIF by filmeditor

13 Likes

No car show? Oh the humanity!

13 Likes

Won’t somebody think of the cars!

3 Likes

Stiff DC laws or not, there’s no way that bunch only had two people with guns.

12 Likes

Looks like Glenn Greenwald recently went 1/6 Truther. Hard to believe he was once a respected voice of progressive journalism.

14 Likes

We watched this shit LIVE, Greenwald. It’s just like it was said earlier; it’s become so popular to dunk on Glenn Greenwald that even Glenn Greenwald is doing it.

21 Likes

It really makes ya wonder: Is Russia paying Greenwald in money or was flattery enough to win him over?

2 Likes

Greenwald is just following the footsteps of Hitchens. You don’t need to be paid by Russia to be an out of touch asshole.

5 Likes

It’s odd to me people only talk about Russia. Does China not do as many, if not more influence operations? (The difference being they’re a different kind of crazy, with a second strike nuclear policy paired with things like aggressive island building)

Russia, I don’t understand why people coddle. They don’t make our iPhones and it’s an open secret old Vladdy is scared of being strung up like Mussolini if someone simply presented enough true facts about him to the people of Russia.

(A friend once said they don’t hate Cuba, they hate Castro. That sentiment goes for most countries and most dipshit dictators who should get in the ground with Jeffrey Epstein, IMHO.)

1 Like

Dogs Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

9 Likes

Because China does a lot of influence operations too, and IMHO is more of a serious threat since they seem more rational in their policies that don’t center around personal autonomy. Thanks for the GIF!

Cue .gif of Jan saying, “Marsha, Marsha, Marsha” “Russia, Russia, Russia…”

the brady bunch marcia marcia marcia GIF

6 Likes

Yes. People talk about that all the time. No one is ignoring China. Literally no one. :woman_shrugging: And Iran. And North Korea. And any number of other countries that some consider a threat. No one JUST focuses on Russia.

12 Likes

I wonder if he got frozen in the same 2013 time bubble as Julian Assange?

Fighting forever against the Obama justice department and the oncoming President Clinton.

2 Likes

By what standard? You might have a dim opinion of both, but surely the reasons differ.

Hitchens became so enraptured with the war on terror he got himself waterboarded… like the comparison seems pretty obvious…

3 Likes

The end result was an article that could be used to attack this disgraceful practice. Good journalism.

1 Like

Thanks for the whataboutism, but I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say that Fox News conspiracy theories are probably not coming from Chinese intelligence agencies.

4 Likes

Yes the disgraceful practice he literally had to get kidnapped off the street and tortured with to reconsider his own opinion of. You don’t see how someone who paid a company to kidnap and torture them with the goal of confirming their own opinion that the torture was no big deal might just be an asshole to begin with? Good editorial journalism is the opposite of publicly making a fool of yourself for money, but I guess thank God it was before the age of editorial journalism where denying reality exists and declaring editors censors like we live in now - but it is a step along that path.

5 Likes

Seems a slippery definition. Journalism is better defined as a positive value, rather than what it is not.

Did it tell the truth? Did it convince readers to change their minds?

One of the criticisms leveled against the column was that it did not tell the world anything new, and thus was superfluous. But if that is the case, then why do so many people believe falsehoods?