Attempted Coup in the United States: Tracking Investigations and Fallout

Must be some clever disguise:

5 Likes

Are we sure he isn’t a Druid who got lost on his way to the LARP?

5 Likes

Insomuch as these types have come to see the real world as a LARP? No.

5 Likes

I guess even the original rules allow them to be Neutral evil.

3 Likes

Make that 3.

20 Likes

One of the insurrectionists who was planning on kidnapping/hostage-taking at the Capitol was apparently enjoying some quality time with his mom. Family values!

12 Likes

Oh, the rage I feel:

I have been following this asshole on the twitter since he decided to attack the government program I work for back under the Obama stimulus act. He was relentless. We wasted hours and hours of time responding to his baseless demands. So I already didn’t like this guy at all, but this is… :rage: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

33 Likes

-sucks in excess mouth moisture- “It’s a home brew concept where I am the protector of snakes to prevent them from being trod on. My stats are all 18, except my constitution is now a 17 because I was poisoned by too much Jägermeister one night.”

But yes, I agree with the comment above yours, that many of these people are LARPing, even if they don’t realize it. Q-Anon especially.

7 Likes

More Incitement

By Josh Marshall

January 12, 2021 12:14 p.m.

In his first truly public comments since the events of last Wednesday (setting aside pre-taped video clips released by the White House), President Trump railed against impeachment and threatened more violence from his supporters if he is indeed impeached (for inciting violence).

16 Likes

I mean, it’s nice he is spending time with his mom. Maybe next time they can go to one of those places where you have wine and paint pottery?

5 Likes

They wouldn’t be able to get in.

1 Like

That’s just how Ma Barker got started.

7 Likes

Indeed. Every passing year this charge of “Divisive” that Republicans levy at Democrats just means they are not 100% on board with every thing Republicans want to do.

By not being Republicans, Democrats are Dividing the country in two.

QED, there should be no other parties.

19 Likes

This is exactly correct. “Divisive” has a totally different meaning in Republispeak. Infinite Benghazi hearings were completely not divisive because the whole idea was to get rid of those of a different mindset, hence unifying, don’t you see?

20 Likes

And he can’t even release an image of a press release that isn’t just a screenshot of the document opened in word, complete with grammar check markings

7 Likes

This is the dude Conan the Cimmerian spent high school stuffing into lockers.

3 Likes

What he fails to understand is most of us won’t feel comfortable being “brought together” with Republicans until they have openly disavowed Trumpism and helped bring those who acted on those beliefs criminally to justice.

I probably won’t even then, but the door won’t even be unbolted, much less opened, until they admit their attempt to start an American Reich, and face the consequences.

11 Likes

" These instances prompted Federal Aviation Administration Chief Steve Dickson to issue a stern warning on Saturday to unruly passengers. He said in a statement that the FAA will pursue “stong enforcement action against anyone who endangers the safety of a flight” with penalties ranging from fines of up to $35,000 and imprisonment."

15 Likes

I believe you are wrong about that.

5 Likes

Comcast, AT&T, and Verizon say they have suspended political donations to the 147 Republican members of Congress who voted against certifying Electoral College results, but the companies left the door open for resuming campaign contributions to those lawmakers in the future.

That future moment being, “The nanosecond we stop catching enormous shit about this.”

Bearing in mind that the campaign contribution season is basically over for a year+ and…quite possibly the least brave action yet taken during this Constitutional crisis.

Also, these legal donations are basically bullshit. You’ve seen the figures: $2090! $3200! That makes you a mid-level donor to our tiny non-profit if you’re an individual, and barely worth mentioning if you’re a corporation. The actual financial support for reelection doesn’t come through these channels, is orders of magnitude higher, and there’s no suggestion of changing that.

16 Likes