Australian man finds horny snakes mating in his air conditioner

Originally published at: Australian man finds horny snakes mating in his air conditioner | Boing Boing

4 Likes

I was sure there was a perfectly logical reason for this, and then I saw Australia…

11 Likes

That’s hot.

I mean the AC unit. . . it has to be pretty warm anyway, they’re cold blooded animals.

5 Likes

I love snakes here, in Texas. They are relatively easy to understand and do an excellent job of keeping varmint populations in check. The venomous snakes here that can kill a person are mostly easily avoided. (Sorry Aussies!) So the repellents I listed are for folks trying to keep the snakes outta chicken coops, goat sheds, and other close quarters.

Although… yeah… too much of a good thing is not a good thing:

And who can forget the nightmare fuel of just a few months ago:

2 Likes

I thought it said “hair conditioner” for a minute and considered shaving my head.

4 Likes

the mum has an interesting colloquialism I remember growing up in texas:
" wierder’n snake sex"
have to say, I agree!

3 Likes

the reason this Is SO hilarous to me…

Last night, I text my ex-wife to tell her Netflix is showinig the FIRST movie we ever took our son to. at a drive in. (he was months old, and does not remember it)

then? i got sucked in and blew 1.5 hours of my life actually watching it … again

2 Likes

5 Likes

Australian man finds horny snakes mating

Ah, yes, Australia does love literal names for their reptiles e.g. red-bellied black snake

2 Likes

Point in favour of your contention: the Thorny Devil

On the other hand, the Goanna

Which apparently got its name from what happens when an Australian accent happens to “iguana”

3 Likes

Be careful not to confuse it with the harmless black-backed red snake.

(But coming from a continent where red-winged blackbirds are common, I shouldn’t mock.)

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.