Man wears live snake as COVID-19 face mask

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/15/man-wears-live-snake-as-covid.html

2 Likes

I mean, that will help with social distancing, right?

21 Likes

A thing that would probably never happen auf der Wuppertal Schewebahn.

2 Likes

~insert totally humane and non-vindictive boa constrictor comment here~

I’ve never understood how people get used to the way snakes smell.

I killed a copperhead yesterday so you know where I stand on snakes.

giphy (80)

2 Likes

Clean snakes don’t really smell much. I had a couple as pets. I don’t think they produce sent but can get smelly if living in “conditions”. I feel most mammals naturally smell more, though some clean themselves more. I mean, it would be hard to wash up with out hands and legs, wouldn’t it?

8 Likes

Seems to me a mask should have some filtering action, and I can only see one way a snake could do that, and I ain’t likin’ it.

1 Like

Like many of us, I suspect this gentleman just has difficulty keeping up with fast changing guidelines. Who has time to read all the fine print?

2 Likes

Maybe he’s doing a sketch for Monty Python?

OK I’ll show myself out.

3 Likes

Snakes are wild animals and putting one of this size around your neck like this is how you end up dead in the public square.

2 Likes

“While there is a small degree of interpretation that can be applied to this, we do not believe it extends to the use of snakeskin – especially when still attached to the snake.”

This deserves to be in a Monty Python sketch. Badly.

And the python reference is purely coincidental.

3 Likes

Back in the day (circa 1970) I was given a Colombian Rosy Boa, seven feet long and not slender. I often publicly wore Noah as a neck ornament. Not a mask but no strangulation. Whew.

BTW I routinely wore Noah whilst strolling Hollyweird Blvd. Nobody noticed. I was not the weirdest sight on the street.

2 Likes

Try that with any of the snakes here in Australia and COVID-19 would be the least of your worries

2 Likes

Well a carpet python would be suitably non lethal if it’s already had its already had its feed for the week… perhaps a little bulky in my experience!

Pretty sure that guy qualifies as a Covidiot.

:musical_note: Ooh, a happy bird is a filthy bird :musical_note:

Maybe he was in a major rush to get somewhere and grabbed the nearest thing he could wrap around his face. :wink:

I’m ok with it if the snake has a mask too.

Sigh its not difficult to understand. Masks have to cover your mouth and nose. It’s clearly not covering them both, therefore not a good mask.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.