Gigantic "beer snake" slithers through stands at Wrigley Field

Originally published at: Gigantic "beer snake" slithers through stands at Wrigley Field | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Snake moves through the stands, adding beer cups. Winds up in trash can. Janitor who started the thing goes home half an hour early.
The key is to make cleaning up fun!

14 Likes

Covid? What Covid?

13 Likes

Fact: Real snakes are not actually slimy, but beer snakes are.

9 Likes

Come for the snake, stay for the spot on Harry Caray impersonation.

8 Likes

Be nice if they would RECYCLE the thing afterward.

4 Likes

It matched Will Ferrell’s, which is high praise. “If you were a beer cup, would you like to be part of a snake? Yes or no? It’s a simple question!”

3 Likes

But… the beer is already gone! This is an empty cup snake.

Also, nice to see so many people who are without any doubt all totally immunized against Covid one way or another, and everyone’s been screened to make sure nobody is still a spreader, right?

6 Likes

And not a single mask in sight!

4 Likes

Beer snakes, the hot new post-Covid trend.

This past weekend a Cricket match between England and New Zealand was part of a UK government study to test the safety out outdoor gatherings. Each attendee had to pass a quick Covid test before entering, and 5 days later they will all take a PCR Covid test to see if there was any spread at the event.

While inside the grounds the attendees were encouraged behave as they would normally, without social distancing or other mitigation techniques.

The result, a giant beer snake: pic.twitter.com/xRYDCkk8AB

2 Likes

“lol beer snek” is the only gadsden flag I need.

3 Likes

I believe plastic recycling is pretty much nonexistent. I’ve been wondering if it is worth the water to rinse my plastics to engage in recycling theater, or if I should conserve water since it it’s all going to the landfill anyway.

1 Like

In Adelaide, the South Australian government advised patrons at an AFL game between a local side and a Victorian side that because of the COVID risk from Victorian players, if the ball was kicked into the crowd patrons should avoid touching it. It became a running joke for fans during the game.

2 Likes

From the Cubs’ website:

While face masks are no longer required at Wrigley for fans and staff who are fully vaccinated, they are required for those who are not fully vaccinated — unless actively eating or drinking while seated.

Of course it’s on the honor system so…

Masks should fully cover one’s mouth and nose, and neck gaiters and masks with exhalation valves are not permitted.

So just lie about your vaccination status to get around those pesky rules

The Cubs recommend those at severe risk for COVID-19 wear masks, regardless of vaccination status.

Or, just stay home would be smarter

2 Likes

Got me through 6 years of youth sports.

1 Like

031efca3-ca1d-428a-b815-e41c6ec5dc28_text

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.