Man enthusiastically removes 5-foot snake from attic while balancing on beams

Originally published at: Man enthusiastically removes 5-foot snake from attic while balancing on beams | Boing Boing

7 Likes

He did not step on snek.

11 Likes

Gives a whole new meaning to “snake charmer”.

7 Likes

I know on the BBS we aren’t supposed to ever question anybody’s mental health. So I am not criticizing this guy’s mental health. Not all. Its an every day fun thing to do, balance on rafters in a confined space and grab a highly venomous 5 ft long snake by the tail. Yup.

3 Likes

Yay for correct usage of venomous vs. poisonous!

16 Likes

Please excuse the all caps here but PANTS WHY IS HE NOT WEARING PANTS.

2 Likes

It gets toasty in Australia?

The snake could crawl up them?

They’d provide scant protection against sharp fangs?

All of the above?

Personally, I’d be more interested in some heavy-duty elbow-length gloves.

6 Likes

honey GIF

6 Likes

Unfortunately even beams and floorboards are venomous in Australia.

1 Like

That’s certainly a new take on “The Floor is Lava”. Or is that considered a ceiling?

2 Likes

steve irwin snakes GIF by Bustle

RIP!

7 Likes

It’s an Australian thing. Wear a khaki outfit and say “crikey” all the time.

If he’s in an attic then he’s surrounded by walls and ceilings. There’s no flooring there which is why he’s balancing on the rafters. Language does have meaning after all.

Those aren’t rafters.

T’aint no ‘flooring’ in that clip. On his right there are insulation batts laid on the top of the plasterboard or ‘Gyprock’ that is used as ceiling material in these here parts. It will hold the weight of light items but most of the things stored there should really be resting on the joists, the wood to which the ceiling is nailed.

Should he put his weight on the ‘flooring’ he will have a quick trip to the room below.

He is at least wearing work boots, I was expecting thongs.

The

narrow beams (which were surrounded by flooring)

are known as ceiling joists.

1 Like

Yes, I know.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.