Doorbell cam video of snake attacking man

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/05/08/doorbell-cam-video-of-snake-at.html

4 Likes

Venomous. Unless it’s a ‘man bites snake’ scenario.

Anyway, he was lucky the snake didn’t get his eye there.

20 Likes

"Copeland “hopes to keep away any (other) potential lurkers by spraying the yard with sulfuric acid.”

In related boing-boing news…

11 Likes

I assume he means spraying with a highly diluted solution of sulfuric acid. Land development tends to increase the alkalinity of soil, so a lot of people use a sulfuric acid solution to correct it. If you’ve ever heard the term salting the earth, it literally means to stop vegetation from growing by making the pH balance less acidic and more alkaline.

I don’t know a lot about snakes, but I don’t see why this would inconvenience them. It’s basically restoring the soil’s natural pH balance, and as far as I know snakes didn’t evolve in the suburbs. If he’s thinking about not diluting it much, he better say his goodbyes to his lawn.

9 Likes

And flames. Setting the whole property aflame is good. Snakes really don’t like that, I’ve heard.

13 Likes

24 Likes

What if it writes a scathing criticism of your off-off-off-boardway, one-person, autobiographical tone poem? Is that venomous or poisonous?

16 Likes

accurate? :wink:

11 Likes

Obligatory.

18 Likes

Vitriolic. (Do not excessively criticize your lawn.)

7 Likes

holy shit – it looks like it bit him right in the EYE.

5 Likes

thanks, fixed!

4 Likes

Yikes, indeed; though less traumatic than a run in with a Flerken, I guess?

1 Like

That’s really uncharacteristic behavior for a non-venomous snake. I couldn’t tell from the video, does anyone know what type it was?

1 Like

If’n it was a snake it woulda bit me…oh, wait.

4 Likes
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.