Australians asked not to list their religion as Jedi

Or the opposite. Neither are valid reasons in my opinion

. [citation needed]
Separation of church and state has been working pretty well for me… and several hundred million other people and their ancestors for the last few centuries. Any issues can be solved by more vigorous application of the basic principle.

Or the US. 18th century enlightenment principles are the best principles! fist bump

I saw that today, so many levels of stupids.

1 Like

Taoism is not theist, although for many it probably overlaps with Chinese folk religion. In much of the world religious traditions =/= belief in god(s).

1 Like

[quote=“the_borderer, post:21, topic:82709”]
Do you think the US government will give us tax exemption?[/quote]That’s also a thing I don’t get about the USA: what is the point of those tax exemptions?

OK, so put down Pastafarian instead. Sheesh.

3 Likes

Why not the Invisible Pink Unicorn? THE goddess for Happy Mutants.

5 Likes

I meant the latter, though the former may also be true in the sense that some religions do not play well with others.

[quote=“simonize, post:32, topic:82709”]b
—Which is why I think it is easier to not gather information that can be used to discriminate than it is to prevent that information from being used to discriminate.
[/quote]

People have been able to engage in religious discrimination for centuries without census results to help them find their targets. That’s just not how religious discrimination works – religious groups don’t use statistical methods to say, “hey, this other group is particularly vulnerable right now OMG LETS GET 'EM!”

As @Brainspore points out, the census lets you account for how many religious groups there are and how many adherents each has, both of which are needed to be known to be able to investigate and/or intervene in any actual incidence of religious discrimination.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.