TOM THE DANCING BUG: Oregon Woman Gives Birth to Hindu Baby

[Permalink]

1 Like

What a coincidence. My parents are Presbyterian, yet I was born agnostic. The family kept it quiet, though. Perhaps this sort of thing really is more common than anyone realizes.

23 Likes

My family still doesnā€™t know I was born allergic to organized religion. Easier to endure the occasional hives than explain the condition.

9 Likes

What a stramge, strange comic.

5 Likes

My twin brother and I were both born atheist. Our mother took several decades to fully convert.

3 Likes

I was born worshipping Sithrak. Iā€™ve mostly converted to atheism, but sometimes the old habits come back.

9 Likes

Hey at least Sithrak has internal consistency. 100% hatred, 100% of the time. No matter who you are or what you do. Unchanging, consistent, hatred.

6 Likes

What I like is that you always know where you stand with Sithrak.

Usually neck-deep in lava while birds peck at your eyes.

6 Likes

Well, maybe.

4 Likes

If you showed this strip to 100 fundamentalist christians 100 times a day for 100 years, none would ever grasp the ironic message. Youā€™d simply hear ā€œI donā€™t get itā€ 3.65 x 10^8 times.

3 Likes

In past years after the Iraq invasion, we had a weekly protest at the military recruiting office near my house every Wednesday morning. One day, I asked the shaved-neck guy from the Marines what religion he thought he would have if he had been born in India. He was certain that heā€™d be a Christian.

7 Likes

I had a similar conversation with a guy about being born in a Muslim country. He assured me heā€™d done a lot of ā€˜researchā€™ into Islam and so his decision was informed.
A simple question like ā€œwhat is the historical difference between Shia and Sunni?ā€ soon exposed his lack of actual research.

4 Likes

Am I experiencing deja vu or is this a repeat? I just know Iā€™ve seen it before, but thatā€™s what deja vu is, soā€¦

I was born Unitarian Universalist to Catholic parents. Oy, vey!

2 Likes

I keep reading the name as ā€œShitrack.ā€ Sounds more appropriate, somehow.

2 Likes

Throw in Sufiā€™s and watch his head explode! :wink:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.