Avoid these 9 charisma-killing mistakes

8 Likes

Ah, the irony. Also from this channel:
How To Stop Caring What People Think

Obviously, you’ve got to stop caring about what people think after you’ve watched all their other videos on how to be a glib, extroverted ass.

4 Likes

Always remember a name. Not their actual name, but one that you’ve given them.

5 Likes

Well yeah, until you want to seduce a guard, and THEN where you gonna find yourself, hmm?

2 Likes

Interestingly enough, I was probably most charismatic during my 20s, which is kind of a lost decade of stoned passivity. But if you find charisma to be either burdensome or simply unreasonable, it can be turned into anti-charisma and people will avoid you.

I do best by far these days via telephone, as people remark that they find my voice and speech patterns pleasing.

But in person, there is a uncanny-valley effect where people often freak out without knowing why as a result of my unique “body language”.

Social settings are difficult to engage in because things like introductions and names are rather self-centered. What I usually aim for is to suddenly appear in a conversation after it starts and disappear from it before it is over. I find social relationships and interpersonal ones to be at conflict with each other, as the former are selfless and the latter require a degree of selfishness.

1 Like

Please allow me to introduce myself.
I’m a man of wealth and taste.
Pleased to meet you.
Hope you guessed my name.

Mmmmh?
Yeah.

2 Likes

3 Likes

I don’t see it. He was smack in the middle on unions and worker protections and healthcare and social justice. He came somewhat farther left than he started on environment and same-sex marriage. He certainly was never a lefty-Democrat and never pretended to be. But I don’t think he was conservative compared to the general Democratic party.

ETA: And though I don’t think he was exceptionally charismatic, he has noticeably good manners and probably didn’t need to watch this little video (see what I did there?).

2 Likes

Well that, or the author gave the animator direction and wanted that depiction. They’re already shaming people for social anxiety, depression, and neurodiversity, so why not also shame people for their weight?

I suppose there are only two possibilities, as with everything in life.

My guess is Woland.

Well, sure, there are an almost infinite number of causes, but as with anything we need to narrow it down to things that have a reasonable probability. Given the spoken content of the video, and the content of the channel as a whole, fat shaming seems fairly plausible to me.

Have you asked the author or animator their intent? That would be more interesting to me than assumptions.

I bet he thinks he’s actually being helpful making this series of videos. I’ll bet he can’t even comprehend why some of us find them so repulsive.

I’ll go ask him to come by and visit these comments then. BRB.

(okay, I sent him a message, hope he comes by)

yes, and he can take it from here if he so chooses. Ta!

1 Like

Have you? I’m just saying that it would be congruent with the author’s message.

Have you checked his website out?

“A high level of confidence can also make you more likely to succeed. We’ve all known that supremely self-assured person. Even when they made mistakes, they breeze over them in a way that makes everyone else breeze over them too. Confidence is to life as misdirection is to magic. It tells people where to look so that they only see your strengths.”

It’s all just “all you need is confidence!” bullshit that assumes that everyone is pretty, white, urban, wealthy, and neurotypical.

2 Likes

You’re a drive-by raconteur?

2 Likes
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.