Awesome Song Thread!

I’m going to be controversial here, but I have my reasons.

Why is the song that killed rave here? Because Chris Howell used the money to start Kniteforce Records, which was the best breakbeat happy hardcore label in the mid 90’s.

He also gave me advice on making music when I wrote to him.

1 Like

I Think I Lost My Headache - Queens of the Stone Age

1 Like

To stop cluttering up the thread over at

1 Like

sounds like some “808” percussion sounds in there too. I’ll jump around to it. :slight_smile:

Hardly lost, but let’s go back to the original.

2 Likes

@sam re: Carpenter’s cover, this album ^ (Communication, cover art not pictured above) also has an incredible version of Close To You on it.

NSFW:

2 Likes

All together now!

Kiss the Devil - Eagles of Death Metal

2 Likes

1994 was a bad year for me, but this was one of the bright spots.

2 Likes

Awesome: something which inspires awe

2 Likes
2 Likes

One of my all-times.

From the film El espíritu de la colmena. Here is the scene from the film (one of my favorite scenes ever, it was Tarantino before there was Tarantino):

Keep this shit secret, don’t be telling just anybody.

4 Likes

Brenda Kahn - Eggs on Drugs

1 Like

Oh that’s wonderful

A request - as you post, please type out the name of the song + artist to help searching.

3 Likes

Iron Knowledge: Showstopper

1 Like

Also these gems:
Black Merda: Cynthy Ruth

Chubby Checker: Gypsy

1 Like

Mariah - 心臓の扉 (Shinzo No Tobira)

1 Like

Claude Speeed - Hold On (Featuring LW)

Antwon - Rain Dance (feat. Lil Ugly Mane)

Tommy Kruise - Rhea

Suicideyear - Remembrance

Freddie Gibbs & Madlib - High (feat. Danny Brown)

J Dilla - So Far To Go (feat. Common & D’Angelo)

Erykah Badu - Gone Baby, Don’t Be Long

2 Likes

I think I should share some Finnish songs, because at least most have never heard them. Though in most cases, the lyrics are quite important but that can’t be helped - unless someone wants me to translate them, in which case, please PM, I love translating.

Ismo Alanko - Taiteilijaelämää (this is one that really needs a translation, so I’ll be providing one, even if no one cares, in [my opioid recovery thread][1])

Yö - Joutsenlaulu (this has always been voted the best/saddest/whatever song in Finland, so it doesn’t get any more Finnish than this - we’re so melancholic and love it)’

Hector - Lumi teki enkelin eteiseen

Kolmas Nainen - Äiti pojastaan pappia toivoi

Zen Cafe - Piha Ilman Sadettajaa

Then to non-Finnish songs:

Heart Beat by Antonio Forcione is amazing. I saw him live a few years ago and he stole my heart:

CocoRosie - Werewolf

Gotye - Smoke And Mirrors

[1]: http://bbs.boingboing.net/t/getting-off-opioids-help-this-gal-find-something-to-do

3 Likes