Awful Song Thread!

Good lord. Where do you shop?

911 is a Joke ā€¦ by Duran Duran

Oh! How the Fuck does that happen?

1 Like

I must be getting too good at avoidance / denial. I know Iā€™ve heard something truly awful in the past, but it never seems to come to the surface when I want to post to this thread.

1 Like

Meijer, primarily, home of terrible piped music. When I go to Hillerā€™s (local, Michigan chain) the song selection is invariably 80ā€™s, but not irritatingly so.

In that case, Iā€™m happy to have whatever ā€œHis name is aliveā€ karma from the other thread. Also, am sorry for the shopping music.

1 Like

Ha, those guys are from down the road from here. Remember their record ā€œLivoniaā€? Thatā€™s where they grew up.

Your condolences are appreciated. Pay less for food at the cost of aural torture. :confused:

2 Likes

Hey, itā€™s gettinā€™ close to that Holiday Shoppinā€™ Season. When this comes on (and it does, every goddamned time I set foot in any gift emporium anytime between Armistice Day and Twelfth Night), I will set down my parcels (no matter how many nor how hard-won from the grasping fingers of fellow shoppers), step out of line (no matter how near I am to the front), and bust my neck to get out of that goddamned store before the eighth synth note hits

Sure, there are objectively worse songs (or so I am assured), but nothing drives me up a tree and out where the buses donā€™t run faster than this song.

I would much, much, much rather listen to this all day:

3 Likes

Required cross-post. I really, really, detest this song.

2 Likes

Rest assured, you are not alone.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Dat screen cap. D-:

2 Likes

My son is in love with ā€œblame it on the boogieā€ ā€¦ so I happened upon this crime

Pretty much everything related to Stock Aitken Waterman could go in this thread.

2 Likes

For some reason, looking at this thread today made me flash back to the two songs I Could.Not.Stand in the 1970s. I doubt Iā€™ve ever heard either all the way through, thatā€™s how strongly they affect me.

Hereā€™s one (the other is Claptonā€™s ā€œI Shot the Sheriffā€ā€¦Iā€™m sure Iā€™m the only person on the planet who thinks itā€™s awful so I wonā€™t link to it on this thread):

5 Likes

I think that picking songs with football players singing is cheating but Iā€™ll make a special exception for this.

Why did Lindisfarne agree to this?

1 Like

One of my favorite movie scenes, despite how anxious it makes me.

Sorry, Handsome Dick:

One of the rare cases where a cover is much better than the original

I hate being off topic, so letā€™s let miley cyrus entertain us

2 Likes

The song that killed the live broadcast of TFI Friday at 6pm (swearing warning)

Shaun Ryder is still banned from live appearences on Channel 4 over 15 years later