Babby is fully formed

I always figured that it worked that way.

3 Likes

That drawing is really something. I presume it’s meant to be weird but I’m curious what the book is about

3 Likes

She is clearly related to the Sea-Monkey family…

4 Likes
9 Likes

Yes, combined with the effects of bipedalism on the pelvis, human brain size results in relatively underdeveloped newborns and difficult births. You’d think it would be a huge disadvantage, but it tends to mean that during infancy and childhood we get to install a lot more things as software rather than built-in hardware. So we are more adaptable to the environment in which we are born and more able to use culture as our signature adaptation. Then we produce great works of art like this one!

14 Likes

TV Tropes covers this subject nicely

1 Like

I’ll admit, he’s new to me. And I’m intrigued.

3 Likes

I’d bet that the drawer (sorry, I can’t say artist about this) is a christian fundamentalist who claims that blastocysts and, later, fetuses are babies?

When they’re that off, it’s not “bad,” it’s a deliberately perverse choice. Or a result of extreme cognitive dysfunction. Or, I suppose, both.

Which is impressive considering I’m sure it was an attempt to be creepy…

4 Likes
6 Likes

3 Likes

No, that would be guaranteed to be waaaaay creepier.

1 Like

Looking at the length of mommy’s arms, it would appear that she’s mostly great ape.

1 Like

I guess Chris couldn’t find a properly configured baby photo to trace over.

Mommy’s toes also seem to be a bit off.

SOMETHING TO CONSIDER; THIS FROM THE AMAZON DESCRIPTION:

Chris (Simpsons Artist) is an anonymous cartoonist known for his comedic and deliberately childlike caricatures and stream-of-consciousness writing. He is a regular contributor to NME, FHM, the INDEPENDENT, FRONT magazine and the GUARDIAN.

2 Likes

https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/2013/05/sex-sex-sex-1978-part-ii.html

12 Likes

I heard on the CBC last summer a program explaining that actually it was a woman’s metabolism that prevented humans from gestating any longer.

1 Like

It’s hard to keep track of how many fingers a person is supposed to have. If only there were something to remind the artist…something handy…

5 Likes

Gonna keep this book at arm’s length… :eyes:

2 Likes

No, what you have here is a policewoman on maternity leave. The little-un is working undercover. This is how police officers are created.