Babies are born 'in the 9th month. It is wrong. It has to change,' says Donald Trump

“kiwi birds”: no
“Kiwis”: yes

Also:
“panda bears”: no
“pandas”: yes

Bought to you by the society for ambiguous and inconsistent rules of english

5 Likes

I was just about to post this is response:

Yeah, sorry about that. Somehow I replied to you at first rather than Lo. Not sure what happened there.

Well, I know what happened: fat fingers. I don’t know how it happened.

2 Likes

Easy answer; toggling.

If you hit the reply button to a specific user then hit it again under another user it switches from the first person to the second.

Also “fat fingers” may possibly be an accomplice, but I’ve never seen your hands…

:wink:

3 Likes

Absolutely agree here. Something needs to be done to advance research on uterine replicators so babies don’t need to be with the mother for nine months. Or at least improve existing incubators so babies can be safety induced at 20 weeks reducing the duration of pregnancy.

Is nine months too soon or too long?

1 Like

Waaaaay too long, when you’re the one growing another person inside your body.

Could be worse, though:

12 Likes

What an ignorant dingus.

2 Likes

Ah, you see, there’s

Kiwis

And then there’s kiwis

And also Kiwis:

And I just wanted to make sure you knew I was talking about kiwis, and not kiwis. Or kiwis, for that matter.

10 Likes

11 Likes

Conservatives had a ball with every Obama verbal gaffe, supposed proof of his stupidity. I will grant that this is just a goof on Trump’s part, and he doesn’t really believe we should speed up human gestation, but he’s provided ample evidence that he’s quite the dumb-fuck in so many of his other comments, which of course conservative pundits bend over backwards to explain or defend.

So yeah, let him have it for this gaffe.

4 Likes

8 Likes

Damn! That is nasty! I’m sorry for all three of you. :frowning:

My kiddo was overdue, but I sort of expected that, and even though labour took three and a half days, I was obsessive over the fact that HE wasn’t in distress, so take your c-section and shove it. Largely because I was determined not to go home alone with a newborn and recovering from major surgery. It was all good, and I would have caved instantly if they said he was in distress, but it’s also why I resisted their screwing around with inducement. :frowning:
It makes me so mad, like this is a new activity for us humans. Grrr. I hope my assumption that all is now well is correct.
/total thread derail off

2 Likes

Even if we give him the benefit of the doubt (which is a fucking bad idea with this moron), and assume he meant “aborted” at nine months, he’s a fucking liar and the media needs to crow about it and not let him off the hook.

Nobody’s getting abortions at nine months. That’s simply not happening, and he’s either a liar or intentionally keeping himself uneducated. Neither is acceptable from president dumbfuck.

15 Likes

oh thanks so much for additional band name associations. the longer blogs usually produce at least one.

A friend of mine just had her first. A week late. 25 hours of induced labor followed by a c-section. That last week was 5-10 FB posts a day about how DONE she was with being pregnant.

My mom had to remind me that “no one’s pregnant forever”. That last month is the longest one of your liiiiifffeeeeeee.

8 Likes

Yeah, it is.

13 Likes

He didn’t see that movie. It had a strong woman lead, who, surely, had her own email server.

ETA:

Must. Read. Thread. Before. Posting.

And Ellen Ripley.

6 Likes

Thank you for posting this. This is important to acknowledge, I think.

I’ll come back tomorrow to elaborate, maybe. I’m quite annoyed and angry with both sides, doctors performing unnecessarily cesareans as well as naturopaths arguing for a gentle birth. There send to be not much middle ground, both are pulling strings to convince their targets, aka customers.

(Y’all discussing delivery dates, fun fact: there are apparently different methods of calculation in different countries. France, Germany and Switzerland differ, AFAIK.)

3 Likes

Don’t like facts? Make up some new ones!

Feels a bit like the 18th century’s Enlightenment period is running in reverse.

1 Like