Babies are born 'in the 9th month. It is wrong. It has to change,' says Donald Trump

Wouldn’t that just be the dark ages?

If the lady doth protest her rights, dunk her in a frigid stream in January. If she survives, obviously she’s a witch and the life that grows inside of her came from fornication with a demon.

Makes perfect logical sense.

1 Like

In my case, I had no idea when my last period was because I have a condition that made them really erratic. BUT - I was fairly certain of which day my daughter must have been conceived. By the time I realized my period was late, I was a good 2.5 months along (because, again … erratic.) Still, they “backdated” my pregnancy about two weeks from the date of what I was pretty certain was the conception. I was kind of frustrated that they simply refused to consider that I knew when I had to have conceived.

And actually … I didn’t really realize I was late. I got out of the shower one day, caught sight of myself in the mirror, and thought “uh … are my boobs … bigger?” THAT was my actual first clue.

15 Likes

You’re a step behind ^^’:

2 Likes

Lois McMaster Bujold’s Vorkosigan Saga has artificial wombs as a common technology in that universe. At one point, some women who were raped during a war pop their fetuses into a bank of uterine replicators and mail them to their fathers.

11 Likes

Sounds fair to me.

6 Likes

Dang, jinx!

Uterine replicators play a major part in the series.

One of the nicest bits is the slow crushing blow over a generation as the Barryarans adjust to standard Galactic reproductive technology as they rejoin the human nexus after being cut off for a dark age.

While there were holdouts for “body birth” as the technology became available, there was an ace in the hole: The previous technology they adopted was sex-selection, and that cohort was heavy on males, allowing available females to insist on replicator birth or no deal.

Oh oh! And then there was the Count who tried to set up a female baby factory. Spoilers.

3 Likes

Did they say:

2 Likes

That subplot was hilarious.

5 Likes

But that’s when my birthday is.

1 Like

Off checking the library catalog now.

4 Likes

Enjoy!

The hardcover book of Cryoburn should include a CD with ebook copies of all her previous books. (Except Memory, go figure!) I already owned them, but it’s nice to carry a library in my phone. Plus, my paper copy of A Civil Campaign got a bit water-logged when I fell asleep in the the bath.

2 Likes

Memory is apparently considered the “turning point” of the series, so they felt that thematically it didn’t fit into any of the omnibus editions. I guess that’s why it wasn’t included, because my CD had omnibus editions instead of individual titles.

(and my paper copy of A Civil Campaign is falling apart from being read about 10,000 times. Most. Romantic. Book. EVER.)

3 Likes

I’m aware; I read several books in the series. What I am noting here is that this technology actually exists now, at least in the (pun fully intended) fetal stage =).

2 Likes

10 Likes

I wonder how Trump and his base would react to the question: “Did you mean the egg mom’s womb or the host mom’s?”

The Expanse’s James Holden’s eight parents for tax reasons isn’t that far off.

1 Like

Blame your parents, not me, buddy!

(Sorry, bit harsh, but for comedic effect only, promise :grin:)

2 Likes

Put it this way; I’m no trump

Kiwis: no
Kiwifruit; yes

It’s all really quite simple and straightforward :wink:

Every true New Zealander knows “kiwifruit” as Chinese Gooseberries. The term kiwifruit is a johnny-come-lately marketing invention, intended to lure overseas buyers.

2 Likes

Yeah… but ultimately, the decision needs to be up to individual families… banning “vanity” c-sections or shaming women for having them is, in fact, not helpful. But like much less involving women’s reproductive rights, too many men feel the need to explain to women how they are just wrong and they need to do it one way or another. The health of the mother is paramount, and then the baby. Everything else comes down to desires of the family, I’d argue - as long as people remember that birth is an incredibly unpredictable process, where any number of things can go wrong.

8 Likes