Babymetal, live on Colbert!

For my money, I enjoy the different take on J-Pop Metal that singer and Pro-wrestler LadyBeard AKA LadyBaby brings to the table:

Much Lulz. And yes, he’s Australian (of course he’s Australian)

6 Likes

I prefer my Japanese girl-metal songs demanding chocolate to be a little bit heavier.

Oh I wish you had not told me that.

1 Like

that colbert – he’s good. always ready to jump on the latest trend. me, i prefer Shonen Knife.

4 Likes

Will I see you there then?
Should we have Seattle BB meetup before the show?

1 Like

No, he is not a band. He is a musician.

Yeah, babymetal are not a band, they are an idol group. An all women idol group. The backing band are not officially part of babymetal.

More importantly, they are above all awesome!

3 Likes

Tickets went fast for the show at LA, :cry: you should probably get on it.

1 Like

Maybe. Need to get this approved by the wife. That would be really fun. What part of town are you in? We are up on Cap Hill.

You are not the only one that has to do that.
And I am up near northgate mall.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m not going to lie, this mission is going to be dangerous. She will assume the entire venue will be filled with twenty year old Japanese girls while the reality likely smells less floral.

Cool. We could meet as you come down south then grab some drinks.

I will report back how it goes.

1 Like

Not to mention possibly pervy, and judging by the name a posture-nazi.

They used to go on stage with pantomime instrumentalists, but now they use the Kami Band performing live.

2 Likes

8 Likes

Good!

Post must be at least 6 characters.

1 Like

Not yet officially sold out but no seats available :crying_cat_face:

1 Like

Well damn. :unamused:

2 Likes

Well tickets went on sale back on 1/29 so not totally surprised when I saw that.
Stupid parenthood keeping me out of the loop for this kind of thing.

1 Like

Oh I had no idea they went on back then. The other show I was looking at was Sigur Ros. I have the password to the special tickets but they are almost $400 for 2 tickets (the basic tickets are $95 which I am still considering). Tickets went on sale Tue morning.

My kids are out of the house. There were no empty nest tears.

I was kinda sad a few years ago actually when I went to TMBG and learned all ages was really 18+ at Showbox SoDo. I would have totally taken my kid to that otherwise.

2 Likes