Bachelorette parties "destroying LGBTQ+ safe spaces" in Provincetown

That’s amazing! Great job, Atlanta.

4 Likes

We try! We do pride ourselves on our diversity of all kinds!

Happy Lets Go GIF by Major League Soccer

Although I did just hear that another long-standing gay bar (The Eagle) has closed and is apparently moving… Have not heard where yet, though.

7 Likes

Is Penis Confetti like the male version of the Vajazzle?

1 Like

I dunno.
I’m not googling either of those things. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Ayep! I remember those days.
*** googles gay 90s minneapolis ***
Huh… they’re still open. Good for them.

Anyway, came here to say that a gay dance club in Sydney would ban anyone in open toes shoes… something women always wear in the warmer months.

I want to say it was the Universal bar on Oxford street, but not sure.

4 Likes

There’s more to this story than just that. The workers were put in unsafe , unsanitary conditions by management, who then didn’t really have the money to pay them. The place was a dump and management knew about it . And somehow, they got it back open. Hopefully it’s not got the leaks, asbestos, or other problems it had that made it an unsafe place to work.

4 Likes

If the bus goes below 50MPH, the liquor cabinets automatically lock

6 Likes

There’s an issue nobody seems to be talking about, but seriously, even in 2022 there are people who aren’t out, and some of them have good reason for it.

I do not trust a bunch of drunken bridesmaids to keep their mouths shut if they bump into a guy they saw the other night at the club.

6 Likes

Yeah, there were a few gay clubs that were Destinations for bachelorette parties, and the folks coming in did NOT mesh well at all. Sadly, these clubs and bars are long gone - while I don’t think these folks were the primary cause, that the places became known as haunts for bachelorette parties didn’t HELP, neither.

(I originally typed “a few gay bars”, which autocorrect “fixed” to “a few gay bears”, which is also likely correct, but not what I meant.)

2 Likes

“Wait a minute…there’s something bothering me about this place…”
homer simpson GIF

9 Likes

See, e.g., Rainbow Glitter Penis Confetti, 50 pieces – Earle's Folly

“What’s HER problem?”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.