Badass Delvers of the Dragon: Round 1 – Cherry Gris

@funruly the 4d6 dice reads: 19 for Follicle Spectacle (4) to identify a dormant passage by it’s lack of breezeway. (5,2,6,6)

1 Like

Yip!

What looked like a hole in the floor turned out to be a smallish tunnel entrance. 
It took no more than 30 steps for the reason for lack of air circulation, 
not to mention travel, was to become obvious. 
Someone had rolled a giant round boulder into the path. 

Tunnelweed consulted his bible

A boulder of this size could be dealt with a coupla ways:

• Chain a series of small blasting caps to try to roll it backwards slowly, hoping to find a gap where one could shimmy past.
  • RISK: takes long.
  • Make it go boom.
  • RISK: others hear and arrive and then you have to share treasure.

Reluctantly, Tunnelweed stowed the drumsticks back in his pack.

@discbot roll 4d6 for de’constructive Engineering (4) to slowly propel the boulder backwards

6 Likes

@funruly the 4d6 dice reads: 9 for de’constructive Engineering (4) to slowly propel the boulder backwards (3,4,1,1)

After an interminable period, Tunnelweed eventually found a bend in the passage where the boulder could recess…and stay recessed…nestled in the angle of the curve. It left enough room on the inside angle for an elf or limber dwarf to contort by - would be a tighter squeeze for larger and larder beings.

At the end of the tunnel was an odd-looking ceremonial shrine.

Finding neither lewt (raiders must have been here!) nor further passage, Tunnelweed returned.

[quote=“Glutnix, post:1, topic:65023”]
Challenge: Share findings with the King’s Cave Surveyors convincingly (Difficult 4) [/quote]

@discbot roll 2d6 for Pokehair Face (2) to tell the tale of bone shrine at the end of the sealed tunnel.

7 Likes

@funruly the 2d6 dice reads: 11 for Pokehair Face (2) to tell the tale of bone shrine at the end of the sealed tunnel. (6,5)

I’ll ask around. If I don’t find anything, I’ll ask harder.

1 Like

One week of playtime remains on Round 1. I’m itching to give you guys the next round. It’s been the better part of a month, and Burping Man is over.

@codinghorror, Please close this thread at Midnight UTC 28th September 2015. Thanks!

Isn’t that the night of the SuperMoon? I guess you have primal stuff that can’t be interrupted that night?

1 Like

Aw, it’s not visible in New Zealand. But If I were an french-Canadian Moose-man, I’d be all about it.

1 Like

So here we are, downtown Brigvark. Or at least that’s what Schim tells us - the place is a warren of tunnels and caverns, beautifully carved from the bedrock but we’d be lost down here in a second if we tried to navigate without a guide.

Schim doesn’t want to make our presence too widely know so he takes us through a series of deserted back tunnels, shushing us constantly like an overzealous librarian. Finally we come to a stone door. It’s round, like most of the others we’ve walked past but slightly more ornately carved. By the flickering light of Schim’s torch, the door carvings look to be some sort of Pangolean script. Or maybe it’s just a decorative pattern… can anyone here read Pangolean?

Anyway, Schim does some sort of complicated knock with his foreclaws and almost immediately the door swings open revealing a well lit cavern within. The walls are covered floor to ceiling with glass-fronted cabinets filled with all manner of carefully labelled items. I can make out several rock - sorry - mineral samples, ancient digging tools, and lots of other bits and pieces but I don’t recognise most of it.

The Pangolean who opened the door for us frowns at Schim as he leads us in and closes the door behind him with a sign of relief.

“What trouble have you brought me now Schim? Outsiders? Is this part of your scheme to set up a trade agreement with the surface?”

“Yes Culion, these overlanders are the first of many who will eventually pass through Brigvark and we must use this to our advantage. Our consortium will grow fat while the others curl up into their scales at the very thought of trading with outsiders”

I step forward and interrupt, “Look, we’re hungry and tired and getting extremely cranky. We need a place to sleep before we can discuss this or anything else. Some hot food and cold beer wouldn’t go astray either. Let’s not find out if there’s any truth to the pangopup stories about what happens when hungry outsiders come to town.”

negotiating lodgings in Brigvark (Difficulty 10).
Unstable squaddie

@discbot roll 4d6

4 Likes

@uphill the 4d6 dice reads: 12 (3,6,2,1)

Culion looks distinctly uncomfortable, he’s clearly fighting the instinct to drop to the ground and ball himself up.
“Of course, of course… after all you are all our honored guests. I’ll have someone prepare a sleep chamber for you immediately.”

3 Likes

[Unconscious, the low conversation of Bent (@bizmail_public), Rackett (@OtherMichael), and L.D. Bowden (@PromptedInk) causes Red to dream deeply and imagine the mysteries that will face the three delvers when they finally choose to venture forth. Do they each choose to mush a room? Do they delve deeply together? The images are vivid in his sporesick mind, yet refuse to coalesce into a coherent image. A strange light (@miasm) flickers on the edge of this dreamscape, somehow failing to resolve into a specific form… ]

3 Likes

3 Likes

Take 2 points away from Dirty Fighter (3). I’m uh yeah, a little busy.

SssubTerryNeon (@Donald_Petersen), it’s up to you!

4 Likes

":musical_note:Aaaand I feeeel like I… ":musical_note:

Jem’s voice trailed off as she realised the backing vocals no longer rung in her ears. The beat no longer echoed in her chest, the bright lights failed.
“What the f…” Jem thought to herself, auto-censoring her own monologue.

It wasn’t like the power had been cut, there were no shouts from the crowd, only perfect nothing surrounded her. Perhaps there was some pick-up. She reached out for the microphone to test her level but there was nothing there. Not even her arm, no weight, no impetus, only the impulse to move with no sensation.

This was weird.

“How do I get out of this goddamn limbo?” Jem though aloud, with no sound, barely even a thought.
“Five fucking seconds ago I was belting out another number to my legions of adoring fans and now… what? What the hell is this, even!” She screamed, the effort would normally have blurred her vision but she had none to blur.

Only the continuous eerie echoing of her thoughts, like some evanescent wash of churning light, trailing into infinity. Lost in the abyss.

“Help me outta here,” she tried to scream.
“What the hell do I have to do, huh!?”

1 Like

“What is it, Sssteg?”

“We gotta go back, Boss.”

“You kidding? We had our ssscaly assses handed to uss back there. And the Sssteerswoman got the worssst of it.”

“That’s whut I mean. We can’t let her sacrifice be in vain.”

“I think the fire’sss out now, and the water’sss cooling her burnsss…”

“You gonna let us be whipped by gnats an’ skeeters?”

“Those ssskeeters were bigger than your brain.”

“I’m a stegosaur, Boss. Ever’thin’s bigger’n my brain. Now I ask you: are we gonna let ourselves get whipped so easy?”

“…No. No, we’re not.”

“Once more unto the britchesss!”

Uhhh… since it’s been more than 48 hours since our dice roll, can @gwwar still volunteer to take the 2-point hit, allowing us to double my next roll here? It ain’t her fault, I’ve just been extra-busy at work. Our only other alternative would be to lower the difficulty, which may not be allowable either. @Glutnix, can we?

@gwwar, @penguinchris, I’m gonna be AFK the rest of the day. if Glutnix gives us the go-ahead, could one of you make the roll before midnight GMT?

3 Likes

6 Likes

Excellent! If she takes the 2-point hit, do I take no deduction, or just one for missing the last roll? Hmm. Hell with it, I’ll assume I’m down one to Goddamned Dirtyfighting Raider (3). Doubling my roll gives me 6xd6, which had better be enough to beat 13!

@discbot roll 6d6 for Goddamned Dirtyfighting Raider (3)

Talons crossed!

2 Likes

@Donald_Petersen the 6d6 dice reads: 23 for Goddamned Dirtyfighting Raider (3) (6,6,3,2,4,2)

2 Likes