Badass Delvers of the Dragon: Round 2 – Kingsmen

“Oh, hey, there y’are, Boss! Where the hell you been?”

“Jury duty.”

“Lookin’ sharp, there.”

“Yeah, yeah, yeah. What’d I missss?”

“Sounds like a stumper, Boss. Smugglin’ fer the Pangoleans, or helpin’ Schim get through some metallic wall.”

“Huh.”

“Any ideas?”

“Not yet. Gimme a few. Be back soon. I gotta check sssomething.”

“Don’t ferget to change outta that monkey-suit afore you crawl down the hole, or you won’t get yer deposit back.”

“Eh. It’s ssstolen.”

4 Likes

Clarification: It seems that since Schim was smuggled into Brigvark, the listed Round 2 missions require being in Brigvark to take on? Those currently in The Cherry Gris are left to their own devices for the moment? Or is Shiny Metal Wall potentially available for all?

Bowen wakes up. His head feels like a lump of lead as he crawls up from the dirt and gravel. All the surrounding encampments start to swivel into a slight blur, prompting Bowen to grab hold of a nearby wooden cart. Luckily, the craftsmanship was strong enough to hold him against it.

He glanced looked at some nearby formations, which he thought made up the Cherry Gris, but everything still meshed together. His headache didn’t stop him from regretting the fact that he missed the chance to explore those mushroom-laden grottoes. Those walls probably needed a good buffering for the sake of a few shelves and a mantlepiece.

The fuzz settles itself back into a cluster of tents. Bowen realizes that instead of being near the Cherry Gris, he was right back at the Gosling. Mineral lager sounded like a good idea right about now.


I do apologize for completely missing round one. Part-time work happened en masse. Am I still allowed to participate in round two? If so, do I need to rest any cliches I used in the tutorial round?

D’Melzaa is pondering her options…

1 Like

(( I’ll be honest, I’ve been scared to come back and run this game. Thanks for being patient. I need a little encouragement right now. Your positive feedback PMs have been very awesome, I love feedback! If you have it, I’ll take it! ))

@daneel: Yes, cliches only lose a point when used and that attempt failed. If you were supporting a team, resolve according to these rules.

@messana: If you’re not in Brigvark, you need to rendezvous with someone who has, according to the additional challenge. There’s some rolls they’ll need to make. I’m going to add another mission to make getting to Brigvark easier PLEASE HOLD!

@PromptedInk: Welcome aboard, Bowen. You are on the surface, and don’t know where Brigvark is. You’ve found someone’s paperwork allowing you to get into the cave. You’ll find your way to Brigvark.

5 Likes

I was gonna go after the wall. Do I need to get to Brigvark? Seems that because of this:

…that Schim could just take me to it.

1 Like

D’Melzaa’s had enough of sitting around. And Brigvark’s nice and all, but it’s a bit quiet. Needs more lizards. That SssubTerryNeon chap seemed to be quite a character. But he doesn’t know where Brigvark is.

D’Melzaa’s pretty sure she can get back through the tunnels. Just gotta get back into Ridwhick without getting noticed. Should be able to lift a key to one of the quieter gates off one of those bored looking guards.

Charismatic Raider (4)

@discbot - help! Remember us?

1 Like

@daneel, I understand:

@discbot roll d20 - roll a single 20 sided dice
@discbot roll 2d20 - roll two dice
@discbot roll 2d20+5 - roll two dice with a positive modifier
@discbot roll 2d20-5 - roll two dice with a negative modifier
@discbot roll d20 your extra text here - rolls and parrots back your extra text
@discbot hello - discbot will respond with a greeting
@discbot help - shows all discbot commands

After making her way back through the tunnels and up to the edges of Ridwhick, D’Melzaa spots a likely looking candidate, clearly a bit worse for wear for grog. The guard’s gate key is temptingly hanging from a loose hook on the back of his breeches.

@discbot roll 4d6

@daneel the 4d6 dice reads: 11 (1,3,3,4)

@discbot you suck.

@Donald_Petersen, or anyone else in Ridwhick - I can help you get to Brigvark, but I might have drawn a bit of attention to myself.

“Hey, Boss.”

“Yeah, what is it?”

“You got a hot lookin’ lizard-mama checkin’ you out.”

“Huh? Where?”

“Over there, just comin’ out the tunnel.”

“What, you mean behind the elf?”

“Dat green babe, right there, wit’ the pert cloaca and those saucy ventral venom-sacs.”

“That’sss an elf, dipshit. Nobody’s got venom-sssacsss like that. No lizard I know. Ssso firm and dangerous-looking…”

“Aw, hell, I’m sorry, Boss. All you green bipeds look the same to me.”

“She’s got a tail.”

“What? Naw, Boss, yer goggles need cleanin’. If she had a tail, I’d be askin’ her out myself.”

“Not a tail tail, walnut-brain. She’s got sssomeone followin’ her.”

“Wonder why.”

“Well, comin’ out of that tunnel, my guess is she’s fresh home from… what was that aardvark town again?”

“They’re not aardvarks, Boss, they’re Pangoleans. Show a li’l respect. And Brigvark’s the name.”

“Brigvark? You sure they’re not aardvarksss?”

“Not even close. Though I think they have nipples, like that elf-lady.”

“I bet she could help usss find that wall Schim was talkin’ about.”

“Why would she?”

“Well… maybe we can help her with that tail of hers.”

“Tail? Jeez, Boss, if she lost her tail, don’tcha think it might grow back on its own? Mine always does.”

“Not that kind of… never mind, let’sss go talk to her.”

1 Like

Tunnelweed begins to hum on a mouth harp.

listens

Rolling: Follicle Spectacle (4) [Being covered in whiskers makes one good, good, good at picking up vibrations].

@discbot roll 4d6 for Follicle Spectacle (4)

@funruly the 4d6 dice reads: 15 for Follicle Spectacle (4) (5,4,5,1)

4 Likes

Bowen glances at the empty bowl. He imagines the rim coated in a shade of chrome, the steel wall curving itself down. He flips the bowl over and takes out a small palette knife, sliding it around. He recalled the last time when he sketched out an escape tunnel for a client, a ore launderer. Bowen stops the knife at the base, and taps it.

He grins, thinking about the caverns, wondering if Brigvark carved out something truly impenetrable. He walks out into the overcast sky. He takes out the piece of paper that he found lying around at the inn, looks around, and begins to run, clutching his satchel. This would be a nice refresher…


Taking on Mission 2

Bowen dashes out of Ridwhick and decides to rest at the nearest cluster of rock. He takes out his chisel and carves out what looks like a bench. He sits down and takes out the slip of paper again. He notes the paths the lead to the caverns, but they stretch out into winding spider legs. There’s also a splotch on the side in which the roads mix with what Bowen assumed was some topiary and brush.

Maybe hitching a lift would help…

@discbot roll 2d6 for Hobo

1 Like

@PromptedInk, I understand:

@discbot roll d20 - roll a single 20 sided dice
@discbot roll 2d20 - roll two dice
@discbot roll 2d20+5 - roll two dice with a positive modifier
@discbot roll 2d20-5 - roll two dice with a negative modifier
@discbot roll d20 your extra text here - rolls and parrots back your extra text
@discbot hello - discbot will respond with a greeting
@discbot help - shows all discbot commands

I’m a bit rusty at this…

@discbot roll 2d6 for Hobo (2)

@PromptedInk the 2d6 dice reads: 3 for Hobo (2) (2,1)