Badass Delvers of the Dragon: Round 2 – Kingsmen

4 Likes

Bowen glances at the empty bowl. He imagines the rim coated in a shade of chrome, the steel wall curving itself down. He flips the bowl over and takes out a small palette knife, sliding it around. He recalled the last time when he sketched out an escape tunnel for a client, a ore launderer. Bowen stops the knife at the base, and taps it.

He grins, thinking about the caverns, wondering if Brigvark carved out something truly impenetrable. He walks out into the overcast sky. He takes out the piece of paper that he found lying around at the inn, looks around, and begins to run, clutching his satchel. This would be a nice refresher…

Taking on Mission 2

Bowen dashes out of Ridwhick and decides to rest at the nearest cluster of rock. He takes out his chisel and carves out what looks like a bench. He sits down and takes out the slip of paper again. He notes the paths the lead to the caverns, but they stretch out into winding spider legs. There’s also a splotch on the side in which the roads mix with what Bowen assumed was some topiary and brush.

Maybe hitching a lift would help…

@discbot roll 2d6 for Hobo

1 Like

@PromptedInk, I understand:

@discbot roll d20 - roll a single 20 sided dice
@discbot roll 2d20 - roll two dice
@discbot roll 2d20+5 - roll two dice with a positive modifier
@discbot roll 2d20-5 - roll two dice with a negative modifier
@discbot roll d20 your extra text here - rolls and parrots back your extra text
@discbot hello - discbot will respond with a greeting
@discbot help - shows all discbot commands

I’m a bit rusty at this…

@discbot roll 2d6 for Hobo (2)

@PromptedInk the 2d6 dice reads: 3 for Hobo (2) (2,1)

“Ssssooo, Miz Elf. You have the look of sssomeone who knowsss her way around. Who might even be worldly wise in the ways of arma–er, Pangoleans. Think you might be able to help thisss poor ol’ lizard and his lowly sssteed get to Brigvark?”

“Lowly? Boss, I’m three times as tall as you.”

“Shaddap, Sssteg.”

1 Like

I brought all this weird pangolean stuff back with me. If you can trade it for some weapons, I know the way to San Jose Brigvark.

1 Like

Entering the cave where the wall is told to be, you turn a corner and there it is. This particular is about a meter high and two metres high, suddenly truncated by more metal than you remember seeing in your entire life.

The surface is silvery and shiny, brushed and reflective. No rust marrs the surface, but large residue marks on and around a rounded rectangular yellow outline. You surmise it has been struck with rams and attacked with all manner of things, but the metal has not budged. On closer inspection, there is a subtle change in the surface between the wall and what is likely a door.

Schim shows you to a football-shaped rock in the wall, about a metre from the door, and lifts it to reveal a metallic panel covered in a grid of buttons and holes. “Not many know about this thing. I suspect this opens the door. Many of those who know have tried, but nothing has ever happened.”

A mancer would note there are LEDs, a steel PIN pad with the numbers worn off, and careful inspection would reveal a mechanism for pulling the panel loose from the rock. Underneath you will find circuitry but no wires leading anywhere. Two small AAA batteries are fluffy with leaked acid. A professional mancer might be able to restore the device to working order.

1 Like

Schim obxerves as Tunnelweed examines the wall.

Touches the sheer slice surface of the wall.
Smells the wall.
Licks…yes, licks…the wall.

Stands back a pace.

Micturates upon the wall.

After a pause, Tunnelweed again approaches the wall, and while laying an ear upon it’s sheer surface and bangs a meaty fist upon it. Long after Schim heard the chime of metal fade, Tunnelweed appeared to continue to listen to it resonate.

The hairy ball of smell that is believed to be Tunnelweed begins to assemble a chain of explosives, large and small, on a fuse. And it goes a little something like this

Large Large Gap Small Large Gap Large Small Gap Large Small Large Small Gap Small Gap Small Large Small

Carefully, the string of explosives was strung against the wall, touching the metal, and then…

Rolling: de’constructive Engineering (4) - Fancies a bit of the Molotov Ellocet. Good at making, not fixing, a hole

@discbot roll 4d6 for de’constructive Engineering (4) against Find Someone to help Pass through the wall? (Difficulty 10?)

1 Like

@funruly the 4d6 dice reads: 16 for de’constructive Engineering (4) against Find Someone to help Pass through the wall? (Difficulty 10?) (2,2,6,6)

The string of charges exploded, according to sequence.

Now, would the ranging and the clanging of the wall reach the right ears?

@funruly, I understand:

@discbot roll d20 - roll a single 20 sided dice
@discbot roll 2d20 - roll two dice
@discbot roll 2d20+5 - roll two dice with a positive modifier
@discbot roll 2d20-5 - roll two dice with a negative modifier
@discbot roll d20 your extra text here - rolls and parrots back your extra text
@discbot hello - discbot will respond with a greeting
@discbot help - shows all discbot commands

The final echo reverbs

--/.-/-./-.-././.-.

1 Like

Not yet, anyway. I just need to wake my stegosaur.

…yes, that’s what we kids are calling it these days…

2 Likes

Tunnelweed pounds meaty fists upon the smooth metal wall, and it goes a little something like this…

Boom boom acka-lacka lacka boom
Boom boom acka-lacka boom boom

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 494 days. New replies are no longer allowed.