Badass Dragon Scavengers of the Void - Final Round - Bastion

“Another day, another bugfix. I should probably let the crew know.”

CURRENT STATUS:      ACTIVE
    ORDER PROCESSING:    ONLINE
    SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 2017-03-26 19:00:00 -0400
    INCARNATION:         0x8aafa1b55f3b9ad1b09e9e8d2b027aa0b91b92bc

1 Like

I am officially changing my nickname to Petra, and will be accepting gifts which will improve SCI or SEN. I’ve got a Swan Wing on offer, for the one who can make the best use of it. Press Secretary Bean Philosolobster will announce the recipient very soon, but I can tell you the competition is very keen.
Remember, the enemy’s gate is down.

@Kassandra
Mission 4
Mission 4
Mission 4
END (probably)

5 Likes
  > iotrap.newliminted: 0x255930f1f7fe1cb9a9fe7693ab84d78dcbd974cf

“Roger that, newliminted! Your orders now on file for this round are:”

✔ mission 4
✔ mission 4
✔ mission 4

@Kassandra
MISSION 1
USE RED Fusion_Engine 78
TRADE Parabolic_Antenna @newliminted
END

1 Like
  > iotrap.daneel: 0x993b84042f9cbbb7d15be675b6b3cc64985fb6c0

mission 1
use red fusion_engine 78

“Roger that, daneel - the above orders have been discarded. Your new orders on file are:”

✔ mission 1
✔ use red fusion_engine 78
✖ trade parabolic_antenna @newliminted 
   [ERR] You don't seem to be in possession of a 'parabolic_antenna'. :(

Damn, must have left it in my other suit.

@Kassandra
MISSION 1
USE RED Fusion_Engine 78
TRADE Mass_Spectrometer @newliminted
END

1 Like
  > iotrap.daneel: 0xdc330bf03dd75e28c2ed7f367fdfe22f33d0877e

mission 1
use red fusion_engine 78
trade parabolic_antenna @newliminted

“Roger that, daneel - the above orders have been discarded. Your new orders on file are:”

✔ mission 1
✔ use red fusion_engine 78
✔ trade mass_spectrometer @newliminted

I see an impact on Mission 2, but not Mission 4?

@messana Is mission 4 really segment 9?

The way I am reading this, Mission three happens and then sections 1-8 will execute in order? Once Mission 2 is complete then Mission 4 kicks off?

OR, is it as the chart suggests and each of the four missions is happening simultaneously but one segment at a time?
In each segment for Mission 1 & 2 & 3 all remaining live participants are combined, but in Mission 4 only the select ordered participant makes a run?

I still don’t understand how Missions 1,2,3 modify outcomes on Mission 4.

Counting isn’t my strong point, but once per iconoclast gives us (bangs head on table twice) two attempts, no?

Tea and Li’l Smokey? Who’s the third?

1 Like

Holi Mole this is complicated!

There is a lot to process here. I hope others will post their thoughts about these missions and how to best allocate our resources. Here are my initial thoughts:

1. I need to borrow 37U, so that I can buy GOLD, heal up and take Mission 1. Is anyone still flush?

2. Mission 4 is vital and only open to our two Iconoclasts: Li’l Smokey and TexAss. We need to get them on Mission 4, in a condition to succeed. IF one of them has RED, they should be able to make multiple attempts.

3. We need a combined 100 SEN on mission 3. The best candidates are:

62 Naughty Boy
    48 Princess Rembrandt
    38 Sweetness
    37 Goldie
    35 Princess Jabbers
    33 Honeywine
    31 Tom "Perfectly Normal"

I think there is a better plan, and this idea is a waste of precious Complexity.

[spoiler] 4 We HAVE to get one scavenger from each of the five specialties on MIssion 1, as that triples the damage we can dish out. (Professor, I told you your high DEF would be useful at some point!). Some likely high DEF candidates

55 Warden Philosolobster
 52 warden Rocky Road
 42 Scholar Professor
 25 Recon Shiny!
 24 Recon Racks
 23 Digger Tom "Perfectly Normal"
 18 Guardian Honeywine

[/spoiler]

5 Chekhov’s Rifle pretty much requires that at least two scavengers take Mission 5.

Let’s talk!

–Philosolobster

3 Likes

I’m up for 1, but I could sure use some DEF and POW modifiers. All those beautiful, shiny EVA enhancements…

2 Likes

Hey, Watney. I see you eyeing those pods. You’ve got previous. Don’t even think about it.

5 Likes

Uh. This is pretty scary. Does anybody know how many times I can take mission 5?

3 Likes

Clarifications please:

1. So long as at least one scavenger takes Mission 1, the first table applies. Adding additional scavengers to missions 1 only increase the amount of damage inflicted to the swarm during Segments 1, 2, and 3. Put differently, having one scavenger on Mission 1 “buys time” for missions 2 and 4, but once a single scavenger has chosen mission 1, having two or more scavengers on MIssion 1 doesn’t "buy anymore time doesn’t alter the sequence of events for mission 2 or mission 4 – assuming the single scavenger on Mission 1 survives Segment 1, 2, and 3.

2. If a Scavenger can get SCI + SEN >= 100, then that scavenger will disable the bogey during segment 3 WITH CERTAINTY and the folks on MIssion 2 will never have to fight. Is that correct?

3, RED carried on a mission is some sort of “get out death free” card, but I don’t have time to track this down. Help!

I need to process all this – but I think see a a way to get everyone out of this alive…

— Philosolobster

1 Like

This is it.

I have some juice available to loan out. Assuming I survive, borrowers could pay me back by helping out with a little project I need to finish back in my home galaxy…

For now, let’s get to the business at hand.

@Kassandra SUBMIT
MISSION 1
END

5 Likes
  > iotrap.monkeyoh: 0xe0d232e6946c8b09aa5b5ffa4d4061f32ad2e211

“Roger that, monkeyoh! Your orders now on file for this round are:”

✔ mission 1

@messana so, the 300 RED can be purchased in juice increments, in a first-come, first-served basis? And then the purchaser then applies more juice and RED to a particular item?

In the past, hadn’t RED been non-atomic?

Imma just play my banjo and spin my gears a bit, cogitifying…

3 Likes

@messana

Clarification on Space Law. Although I think I know the answer, let’s get it in writing…

Since not all of us may make it back from this mission, BUT those that do (and are still on the ship) will be released from their contracts…all of the sudden the last will and testament becomes a possibility.

NOW, if you died during the mission BUT overall the mission is completed,and you had a Will on file, would the will be valid or since you died prior to the mission’s end would your stuff revert to the company?

5 Likes

Mission 1 currently has…

Digger - Princess Pricklepants
Guardian - {OPEN}
Recon - {OPEN}
Scholar - Professor
Warden - Rocky Road

I will be taking this mission regardless, but would love some POW enhancement if anyone has it. I’m trading my Gold to our other warden who is a bit worse for wear.

IF I get some POW equipment and some more Juice, I’ll Transmogrify said piece of loaned equipment with what ever Juice I can spare and you’ll get back something pretty next round.

But for now…

@Kassandra
TRADE GOLD @bizmail_public
MISSION 1
END

2 Likes