Badass Dragon Scavengers of the Void - Final Round - Bastion

> iotrap.wisconsinplatt: 0x2e24accf1381a7cf261422669cfc9d517dc76eab

“Roger that, wisconsinplatt! Your orders now on file for this round are:”

✖ trade gold @bizmail_public 
   [ERR] You don't seem to be in possession of a 'gold'. :(
✔ mission 1

@messana

I thought we’d decided I did have a gold? Do I need to call in the auditors again?

I think we need to take a step back and re-examine equipment allocations among these missions.

I think there is a lot of equipment optimization that we can take advantage of via trading. Rule is that we can SEND one item to another player each round. Presumably this is the last round…

Mission 1 - DEF + HP, one member of each category

Mission 2 - POW + DEF + HP

Mission 3 - SEN + HP (my first take is that we can load up ONE member with enough SCI to survive Mission 3 and provide the highest protective benefit to M1) That member should offload whatever piece of equipment would best benefit someone else

Mission 4 - SCI +SEN +DEF

Mission 5

5 Likes

##Answers & Clarifications

Amazing how everything always looks accurate when posting at midnight, only to not be accurate when looking at it with rested eyes. Minor corrections to missions have been posted above - specifically segment timing and the order in which Mission 4 is executed.

And now onto answers, clarifications, and a little light Space Law:

Segments: Think of each of these as mini-rounds within the round, calculated in order, but with no buy/sell/trade/use happening in between. The results of each segment will be posted in an abridged format as they are calculated for the full nerve-wracking experience.

Segment Caveats:
Example A: if someone on Mission 3 dies in Segment 2 and it reduces the total SEN assigned to that mission, Segment 3 is calculated with the new total SEN.
Example B: if Mission 1 can Counterattack! at POWx3, but the sole Recon on Mission 1 dies in Segment 2, everyone on Mission 1 will Counterattack! at the reduced POWx2 starting in Segment 3.

Correct - it doesn’t buy any time on Mission 4, but indirectly helps it. Since starting mission 2 on Segment 1 is a probably death sentence, those on Mission 4 would probably arrive too late to save anyone but themselves.

This. See ‘Segments’ above for what I hope is a sufficient clarification.

Correct - they do not directly modify the outcome of Mission 4 in terms of probability or damage taken, but they hopefully buy everyone else enough time for them to execute it.

A third could potentially come from someone issuing a RESPEC Iconoclast order.

Correct and finely nuanced. As long as one scavenger can take Mission 1 and survive all three segments, Mission 2 will begin in Segment 4 as scheduled. Should that scavenger die in Segment 2, Mission 2 will begin in Segment 3 as the swarm can now rush through the rest of the ship unhindered. Hopefully the explanation above in ‘Segments’ makes that clear.

If a scavenger can get SCI + SEN > 100 -and- that scavenger has the highest EVA of those taking Mission 4, then that scavenger will disable the Bogey with certainty on Segment 4. Mission 4 executes before all others, so if successful, the remaining missions in Segment 4 will not execute.

These updates didn’t make it into the initial mission post last night and were posted after your initial analysis of the missions. I apologize for not getting to that sooner today.

If a scavenger has RED in her inventory at the time HP is reduced to zero or below, the RED activates and immediately adds an additional 65HP to that scavenger.

Correct. A valid order sequence could be:

BUY RED
USE RED Fancy_Item <juice>

Unike GREEN, which requires juice, RED has the initial juice cost of 50 built in. Additional juice is beneficial but optional. The Glob Nursery has multiple globs for purchase, unlike those in the ship’s hold, which are limited in supply.

A reminder that one GOLD and one GREEN effect can happen per scavenger round: either
USE RED <item> <juice (optional)>
represent the maximum number of USE orders this round, or
USE GOLD
USE GREEN <item> <juice>
represent the maximum number of USE orders this round.

I’ve checked with my moon lawyer. Case law on this suggests that a Will drawn up while under contract is invalid, as the individual does not have the rights at that time to disburse those items posthumously. The contract must be voided before the Will can be considered binding.

Not the auditors again, anything but that. You do have that GOLD in your inventory, I hadn’t had a chance to update the player file accordingly. That has been remedied and these orders would execute properly.

Phew! Glad to continue explaining things as we go along - this is the most complex round yet. Thank you for your patience.

4 Likes

This banana is still confused about the purchase of RED.

Normally, buy orders do not contain an amount, not dues the example provided above.

So: does RED cost 300, or can we buy smaller amounts?

If we can buy smaller amounts, how small? How many sub-divisions can be made? How much RED is required to chime back from the dead (or 65HP worth)?

2 Likes

How does EVA tie into any of these missions?

1 Like

All globs are atomic. One can purchase a single RED for 300, or zero RED for 299.

Higher EVA gets someone on Mission 4 to the Bogey sooner. Higher EVA helps with damage mitigation a little bit, but not to the extent that DEF does.

2 Likes

Risks for Mission 2 have been updated as they were off by a factor of two… The initial post had numbers assuming Mission 3 had complete coverage. The copyeditor has been sacked in response.

3 Likes

Did a Space Moose bite him? I know a guy if it is needed

5 Likes

I’m sure these will be updated again, but, Tea (@Donald_Petersen) your juice account is a bit low. Let me spot you a couple until next round

@Kassandra
PAY 10 @Donald_Petersen
TRADE GOLD @bizmail_public
MISSION 1
END

1 Like
  > iotrap.wisconsinplatt: 0x9c5d82a2856ce3f276def986605c8d59277ff999

trade gold @bizmail_public
mission 1

“Roger that, wisconsinplatt - the above orders have been discarded. Your new orders on file are:”

✔ pay 10 @donald_petersen 
✔ trade gold @bizmail_public 
✔ mission 1

Since nobody has 300, multiple people would have to donate to an individual to purchase the RED.

1 Like

This is a true statement.

1 Like

Everybody, my idea at this point is to spend 50 on GREEN and blue my remaining 88 on TRANSMOGRIFYING my Thermoptic_Camoflage.

And going on MISSION ONE.

Any feedback?

No dumbass, I’m the one that stays (up to 550 sols so far!) when everyone else like Tex flees. I’m the team player, he’s the one you need to watch.

3 Likes

Would that impressive EVA be useful somewhere else?

Edit - I guess not. I thought there was an EVA mission

1 Like

Just to pontificate on this more, sure, you die and can come back with anoth 65HP but this ain’t the Iron Islands. What has Died can be killed again.

1 Like

I’m extremely SENsitive so I’ll take mission 3. Even if nobody else comes along, mission 1 damage will be reduced by 25% which seems pretty useful.

I’ve got no green so have no need for the 57 juice in my pocket at the moment. I’ll happily share with whoever needs it.

1 Like

@Kassandra
use GOLD
pay 10 gwwar
mission 3
END

> iotrap.uphill: 0xe91a8e76bfd644c8a4f5b9c0b8e33af019113d00

“Roger that, uphill! Your orders now on file for this round are:”

✔ use gold
✔ pay 10 gwwar
✔ mission 3