Badass Dragon Scavengers of the Void - Final Round - Bastion

##Answers & Clarifications

Amazing how everything always looks accurate when posting at midnight, only to not be accurate when looking at it with rested eyes. Minor corrections to missions have been posted above - specifically segment timing and the order in which Mission 4 is executed.

And now onto answers, clarifications, and a little light Space Law:

Segments: Think of each of these as mini-rounds within the round, calculated in order, but with no buy/sell/trade/use happening in between. The results of each segment will be posted in an abridged format as they are calculated for the full nerve-wracking experience.

Segment Caveats:
Example A: if someone on Mission 3 dies in Segment 2 and it reduces the total SEN assigned to that mission, Segment 3 is calculated with the new total SEN.
Example B: if Mission 1 can Counterattack! at POWx3, but the sole Recon on Mission 1 dies in Segment 2, everyone on Mission 1 will Counterattack! at the reduced POWx2 starting in Segment 3.

Correct - it doesn’t buy any time on Mission 4, but indirectly helps it. Since starting mission 2 on Segment 1 is a probably death sentence, those on Mission 4 would probably arrive too late to save anyone but themselves.

This. See ‘Segments’ above for what I hope is a sufficient clarification.

Correct - they do not directly modify the outcome of Mission 4 in terms of probability or damage taken, but they hopefully buy everyone else enough time for them to execute it.

A third could potentially come from someone issuing a RESPEC Iconoclast order.

Correct and finely nuanced. As long as one scavenger can take Mission 1 and survive all three segments, Mission 2 will begin in Segment 4 as scheduled. Should that scavenger die in Segment 2, Mission 2 will begin in Segment 3 as the swarm can now rush through the rest of the ship unhindered. Hopefully the explanation above in ‘Segments’ makes that clear.

If a scavenger can get SCI + SEN > 100 -and- that scavenger has the highest EVA of those taking Mission 4, then that scavenger will disable the Bogey with certainty on Segment 4. Mission 4 executes before all others, so if successful, the remaining missions in Segment 4 will not execute.

These updates didn’t make it into the initial mission post last night and were posted after your initial analysis of the missions. I apologize for not getting to that sooner today.

If a scavenger has RED in her inventory at the time HP is reduced to zero or below, the RED activates and immediately adds an additional 65HP to that scavenger.

Correct. A valid order sequence could be:

BUY RED
USE RED Fancy_Item <juice>

Unike GREEN, which requires juice, RED has the initial juice cost of 50 built in. Additional juice is beneficial but optional. The Glob Nursery has multiple globs for purchase, unlike those in the ship’s hold, which are limited in supply.

A reminder that one GOLD and one GREEN effect can happen per scavenger round: either
USE RED <item> <juice (optional)>
represent the maximum number of USE orders this round, or
USE GOLD
USE GREEN <item> <juice>
represent the maximum number of USE orders this round.

I’ve checked with my moon lawyer. Case law on this suggests that a Will drawn up while under contract is invalid, as the individual does not have the rights at that time to disburse those items posthumously. The contract must be voided before the Will can be considered binding.

Not the auditors again, anything but that. You do have that GOLD in your inventory, I hadn’t had a chance to update the player file accordingly. That has been remedied and these orders would execute properly.

Phew! Glad to continue explaining things as we go along - this is the most complex round yet. Thank you for your patience.

4 Likes