Badass Dragons of the Wasteland - Round Four Results!

~ Clank, Mechanic, Out of Character ~

I apologize for my tardiness in responding, and also for my inability to come up with a narrative riff upon my personal results for the round. I am still in the game, and still participating.

2 Likes

That reminds me. I have heard tales of the Red Rooster cult that operated out of these parts. Rumor had it that they had a pepperoni pizza additive that turned SHITGOs into rockets. Is Irwindale anywhere around these parts? I think that is where their temple is. Anyone wanna take on some cultists as a little side trip?

Someone I once knew gave me this, said it was their emblem.

4 Likes

The Great Sriracha Shortage

Irwindale is just up the 605, but you may need to diversify your sources.

4 Likes

I think I remember hearing about that before the fall.

The boys I used to run with said they were still brewing deep below the old factory. It has become a temple these days. Place is apparently full of cultists wearing gas masks so they don’t burn their eyes out of their very skulls. I think I saw one wandering through a field once, not sure what he was doing so far from the factory but why else would someone be dressed like this?

2 Likes

I’d had my heart set on mission 3 and as I sped off towards the horizon I regretted with all my SP that I hadn’t gotten an upgrade when I had the chance. For the first time in my life I felt slow. Like my poor baby was trying to work through what SHITGO she had left but her pipes are congested. If I’d have known that a chance wouldn’t roll around again soon I would’ve chosen different. I aint never felt more worthless than I did for this round lemme tell ya.

But what’s done is done and now that I’m back, I’m damn glad I managed to GET back. I wasn’t halfway to the first hint when I ran into a group of raiders. They looked like they’d been so bored they’d resorted to chewing on their own toes until they heard the roar of my engine. They ran at me like a pack of wild dogs. Looked like them too. Come to think of it… We’re they dogs?.. Naw they walked on two’s too often. Though you can’t know these days can you?

I heard a story about back in the old days when a pack of the tiniest dogs you’ve ever hurd of terrorized little kids. Little dogs hunting little kids. Packs of um. I think they called um tsiwawa’s? Sounded hilarious to me when I heard about it. I just about laughed my head off! It’s the only thing that kept a smile on my face as I saw those drooling Raiders try to corner me.
Twister was stil fast enough to outmaneuver those Raiders in their shappy-ass wheels but not without getting hurt along the way. Every time I heard ya’ll find out extra clues I guess I got distracted. I lost 19HP in the proces but I finally got there! Just in time to hear ya’ll found the last clue and solved the puzzles. Oh well, guess you can’t always be late to the party and expect to save the day. More like never.

Anyhow, I’m going to ask ya’ll for some repairs in a li’l bit, but I don’t suppose anyone has any SP upgrades lying around that they can spare? I’m starting to lag behind as a scout and it doesn’t feel so good atall.

4 Likes

Hey, everyone. Look up ahead there, just off the next freeway exit. There’s the East L.A. branch of Fleetwood MacChanics. With the TCB connection to the home office down, maybe they haven’t heard that we’re personae non grata to Fleetwood. With any luck, they’ll do business with us.

Anyone got plates to spend?

As a wise man once said:

Except this time, y’know, we should actually take his stuff.

1 Like

Cold-blooded, man. We’re the ones headed to Mars to create a better future for humanity. At least let the droid fix that Italian glamour-skate of yours before you knock over his fruitstand.

4 Likes

Hey, I’m an anarcho-syndicalist, whatcha gonna do?

4 Likes

Well said. Fly your flag and carry on!

1 Like

[looks up anarcho-syndacalism]

3 Likes

I’m down. I’m sure this bastard has it come same as the last one did.

There are more than enough of us to take him out. Why bother spending LP when looting works just as well. Are we worried the police will come looking for us or something?

1 Like

Except when it doesn’t. The junkyard bots are still, at this point, the only way to fix foreign cars to 100%. And they’re potentially more useful alive than dead in other ways, too. I mean, it’s not like you’ve got a shortage of LPs to spend.

But if you wanna be all loose-cannon, be my guest.

Sure about that? Last time we managed to exploit the rain to our advantage, and it still was no easy task to get to Stretch. Brute force probably won’t avail you.

1 Like

So we get our foreign cars wrenched up to 100% with new Stretch using the UAW LPs, then we raid new Stretch, steal back our LPs and whatever upgrades he has laying around.

I’m not a big one for looting the good and decent, but a robot that is just funneling our LPs to Fleetwood might as well be considered the enemy.

We know he can be blown up, that last Stretch was blown up. I’m sure we can muster a little petrol to get this party started.

1 Like

[quote=“Donald_Petersen, post:47, topic:23264”]it’s not like you’ve got a shortage of LPs to spend
[/quote]

I guess that depends on what New Stretch wants to charge, doesn’t it? Let’s hear what he has to say. Hopefully this one isn’t a profiteer. That’s a career with no future.

Perhaps we could spoof the TCB link and manipulate his prices? Or perhaps showing up with Old Stretch’s head might persuade this one to be reasonable.

[ooc: I assume that the spreadsheet doesn’t yet reflect that additional money you gave Bertie and I yesterday?]

Not yet, but it will tomorrow.

Hey, everybody!!

Round Five begins here!

1 Like

I say again:

Round Five Has Finally Arrived!

1 Like
2 Likes

Nervous Mike - Still feeling a little woozy

I was in the Citadel, all the target shooting went quite well, I was really focused on racking up the highest score, I guess I kinda zoned out. When I came too I was driving straight ahead into the desert, just staring into the middle distance, looking but not seeing, you know the feeling, tired as shit, unable to focus. I must have been driving like this for a couple of days, at least I was smart or lucky enough to switch to SHITGO so I didn’t burn all my fuel.

During the long and boring drive back I got some flashbacks of what looked to be a basement entrance and something I can’t really describe, it looked a little like this but it was green and glowing… A horrible sight…

Sorry I wasn’t there for Mission 5, I’ll try and not get lost in the desert again…

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 1095 days. New replies are no longer allowed.